The REDS 721 Scuderia Gen 2 S Series .21 Off-Road Competition Nitro Engine builds on the successes of the 721 Scuderia GEN1 engine, with the primary features remaining unchanged. The Gen 2 features a redesigned carburetor with unique materials that increase reliability. The carb features a double grab screw joint link to facilitate positioning and fitting with the servo link. Combine this with the hand tuned DLC coated crankshaft, ceramic rear bearing, and final inspection personally completed by Mario and Marco Rossi, and you have a cutting edge, competition grade engine manufactured to the highest quality standards.
- NEXT GENERATION ENGINE: The 721 S Scuderia features high reliability, tuning stability and great fuel mileage. Combined with specific technical changes in the porting and materials, this 7 port engine makes more power and offers better fuel efficiency than any previous REDS engine model.
- CARBURETOR: The GEN2 engine features a redesigned carburetor with unique materials to increase reliability and tuning stability, in particular the insulator bushing has been improved with a higher strength material. Furthermore, it features an updated double grab screw joint link to facilitate positioning and fitting with the servo link.
- INNOVATION: REDS is always striving to innovate. This means investment into new core technologies. Drawing from the rich experience gained through competing on the world’s best RC tracks with the best drivers in the world, REDS' goal is to deliver quality products that are built with passion.
- A DIAMOND IS FOREVER: 721 Scuderia Gen 2 S comes with a DLC Coated crankshaft and backplate for improved engine durability. The crankshaft can last approximately 3 times more than a conventional steel crankshaft thanks to the extreme hardness of the diamond coating. Even the conrod life is lengthened about 50%.
- HANDMADE, TUNED AND ASSEMBLED: The 721 Scuderia Gen 2 S engine is hand-tuned with a silicone-filled, balanced and tuned crankshaft by M. Rossi. Every single engine is hand inspected and compression checked inside REDS Racing headquarters by Mario and Marco Rossi to achieve the highest quality standards. This is core to the values that makes Reds Racing engines different from any other brand on the market.
Category: 1/8 Buggy and Truggy
Inlet ports: 7
Outlet ports: 1
Front ball bearing dimension: 7x19x6mm, rubber seal made in Japan
Rear ball bearing dimension: 14x25.4x6mm, Swiss made ceramic
Carburetor venturi diameter: 7.0mm (6.0, 6.5, 7.5, 8.0 optional)
Carburetor: VCX2-A Aluminum Short needle
Fuel consumption: > 9:00 min
Engine temperature: 230-266°F (110-130°C)
Recommended Glow plug: REDS TS3
Recommended pipe: REDS 2143 + M or XONE Torque
Recommended fuel: 25-30% nitro, 8-10% oil
Break-in fuel: 12% oil