The Redcat Wendigo 1/10 4WD Solid Axle Rock Racer Kit allows the RC enthusiast to build this competitive rock racer the way they want it. The Wendigo Builder’s Kit includes a complete unassembled chassis, wheels, tires, clear body, and additional scale accessories. Build it, paint it, add your own electronics and compete.
While the Wendigo builder’s kit is very similar to the RTR Wendigo, some enhancements have been made specifically for the kit version. Not only will your Wendigo kit based custom rig look great, but it’ll have the potential to outperform your entire fleet.
The Wendigo kit includes the same high performance shocks as the RTR, but with silver aluminum threaded shock bodies, black adjustable preload collars, laser etched black aluminum shock caps and titanium nitride coated shock shafts. The Wendigo kit’s aluminum frame rails are also laser etched with the Redcat logo. Enhanced for the Wendigo builder’s kit are the front and rear solid axles, with steel axle tube inserts. This adds even more rigidity and strength to these already amazing axles. Another major performance upgrade is the use of a softer rubber compound on the aggressive Super Swamper tires. This TC5 soft tire compound adds lots of traction, giving you another competitive advantage. The black Raceline wheels now have a silver outer bead ring, just for the Wendigo builder’s kit.
The Wendigo kit is loaded with high end features and components, like its competition inspired weight distribution. The front mounted position for the motor and transmission, along with its centrally located battery tray and divorced transfer case provide excellent front to rear weight distribution for confidence inspiring driving.
The Wendigo kit’s 1.5mm steel ladder-type frame rails provide a sturdy backbone for this vehicle. The wheelbase is adjustable from 334.7mm to 358.7mm, with 346.7mm being the stock configuration. The Wendigo’s gear boxes feature Mod1 gears and ball bearings. The heavy duty telescoping driveshafts provide reliable power delivery to the front and rear trussed axle housings with diamond shaped pumpkins. The diamond-shaped central axle housing easily slides over obstacles and the CNC aluminum spool, along with a one piece pinion gear, can handle heavy weight, big power and aggressive driving. Steel internal axle tube inserts add low CG weight and prevent axle flex.
The heavy duty 5mm metal suspension links use flared heavy-duty ball cups for an incredibly durable 4-link suspension setup. An adjustable rear sway bar helps to minimize torque twist and adds stability during high speed cornering.
The Wendigo sits on licensed Interco Super Swamper 2.2” tires which are mounted to licensed Raceline Avenger wheels. The Super Swampers scooped tread lugs provide excellent forward grip on dirt, grass, pavement, rocks, mud and snow. The aggressive tread design and lug spacing release dirt and debris, keeping the tire clean for the next obstacle. Side lugs allow the Wendigo to achieve grip while squeezing between two large rocks, through washouts and other canyon-like obstacles. Now in TC5 ultra-grip soft compound, these tires are impressive performers.
Many scale details and accessories come standard with the Redcat Wedigo to ensure users get the very best visual experience from their vehicle. This kit includes a clear racing body with narrowed rear quarters and a full roll cage. Additional scale details include a driver and co-pilot with adjustable helmet visors, a realistic navigation screen, rear fuel cell and a radiator with twin cooling fans. Additional scale accessories include a fuel can, fire extinguishers and functional recovery ramps.
NOTE: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Licensed Interco Super Swamper 2.2” tires mounted to licensed Raceline Avenger wheels.
- Clear body with detailed interior, molded grille, chrome headlight bucket and clear lens accessories.
- Aluminum body & cap, oil filled threaded shocks for quick adjustments to the vehicle's ride height. Each shock tower offers nine upper shock mounting positions for further suspension tuning.
- Front mounted motor, centrally mounted divorced transfer case and strategically placed battery tray. This setup offers excellent weight distribution which causes the Wendigo to behave predictably when climbing over obstacles.
- Diamond shaped axles with integrated truss and double sheer mounting points. Designed in the USA these durable axles include CNC machined spools and are ready to take a beating.
- Up to 47 degrees of steering.
- 1.5mm steel ladder-type frame rails which provide a sturdy backbone for this vehicle. The wheelbase is adjustable from 334.7mm to 358.7mm, with 346.7mm being the stock configuration.
- Full roll cage, True to scale Rock Racer chassis, Realistic cock pit, Independent front & rear suspension, Solid front & rear axle, Threaded oil filled aluminum shocks & Ball bearings throughout.
- Rear sway bar, Great handling, Realistic looking rock racer tires, Unique high performance chassis design.
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Radio System (minimum)
- AA Batteries
- Polycarbonate Paint
- Tools for Assembly
Update...I dont like the decals and the ones for the driver/navigator are kind of hard to put on. I had to use zip ties to put on fire extinguishers and moved gas tank down in back and put a trx4 jack above it. No hardware for fuel can so I had to use a long bolt and fastener of my own. Wasted some lexan paint due to not knowing there were two clear films on both sides of roof. Put fire extinguishers behind driver/navigator instead of near middle console. I also put 2.2 metal beadlocks on tires instead of gluing plastic wheels on. I used clear modelers glue on lenses and inner edge to grill to make sure they dont come off.
Great kit and like the grill as compared to GEN8 AXE grill. I may change it out with the wendigo grill and light buckets.
Update...ran it for the first time and used an upgraded transmitter. Very fast and the quietest rig I own. I used waterproof grease in all the gears. Very fast and eats up an acre of back yard in 15 seconds. I put metal beadlocks on the Iroks and it handles great. 100% worth the money. The 2s lipo did not last but a half hour, so will do a 3s in the future.
A bit more quality control might have spotted this.