The 610 Duo features two independent channels, each capable of supplying 200W and monitoring the battery's condition with its own internal balance port and temperature sensor port so you can charge your batteries quickly and safely. A 5V, 1000mA USB port allows you to charge any USB device conveniently at your work space, while the PC Link port gives you the option to monitor and log overall pack voltage, temperature, current, and total capacity. Additionally, an intuitive touch-sensitive navigation panel will allow you to easily make your way through the charger menus without worrying about buttons malfunctioning due to debris, and the blue backlit LCD display with white characters offers clear visibility in any environment.
The Prodigy 610 Duo can handle LiPo, LiFe, and Li-Ion batteries up to 6S; up to 18-cell NiCd and NiMH batteries per channel; and 2-24V lead-acid batteries. With the ability to fast charge, balance charge, and storage charge lithium cells, you can easily tailor the charge process to suit your needs, while individual cell voltage can be monitored during balance mode charging, allowing you to identify an imbalance in the cells and spot a weak cell before it becomes a problem. Other features include a dual-fan cooling system that utilizes a push-pull design that will keep the charger cool, even when working at maximum capacity.
NOTE: A 20 amp power supply (minimum) is recommended for efficient operation with 2S applications. When charging two 4S packs at 10 amp rates, a 30 amp power supply (minimum) will be required, and when charging two 6S packs at 10 amp rates a 40 amp power supply (minimum) is required.
- Optimized Operating Software: An optimized “Auto” function controls the charge rate during the charging and discharging process. This will help to prevent damage due to user error. If there is a malfunction, the circuit will be disconnected automatically and an alarm will sound. All operating modes are controlled through a two-way communication process between the charger and the battery in order to maintain maximum safety, and all settings can be configured by the user.
- Internal Lithium Battery Balancer: Each channel features an individual cell voltage balancer. An external balancer is not required for balance charging.
- Individual Cell Discharge Balancing: When discharging, each cell is monitored and balanced individually. If the voltage of any cell is abnormal, an error message will be displayed and the process will be terminated.
- Lithium Battery Adaptability: Compatible with the three most common Lithium battery types: LiPo, Li-ion, and LiFe.
- Multiple Lithium Battery Charge Modes: Programming allows Fast Charge, Balance Charge or Storage Charge Modes for LiPo, Li-ion, and LiFe batteries.
- “Fast” Charge Mode: Reduces charging time, but does not balance the cells and charges the battery to approximately 90% capacity.
- “Balance” Charge Mode: Monitors individual cell voltage, keeps the cells within an acceptable voltage range and charges the pack to peak capacity.
- “Storage” Charge Mode: Used for long-term battery storage. Adjusts the voltage level so the battery will not be damaged during storage.
- Maximum Safety Through Delta-Peak Technology: The automatic charge termination program uses Delta-Peak voltage detection. When the battery's voltage exceeds the threshold, the process will be terminated automatically.
- Automatic Charging Current Limit: The upper limit of the charge current can be set for charging NiCd or NiMH batteries. This is useful for NiMH batteries with low resistance and capacity in the 'AUTO' charging mode.
- Temperature Threshold: The batteries internal chemical reaction can cause the temperature of the battery to rise during charging. If the temperature limit is reached, the charging process will be terminated. This function is only available when using the temperature probe and its parameters are user-specified.
- Processing Time Limit: The user can set the maximum charging time. If the charging time exceeds the limit, the process will be terminated automatically.
- 10 User Presets: Customize 10 individual presets, each with different parameters set for a particular battery type. This allows the user to "call up" the settings for a particular battery without additional programming needed.
- Cyclic Charging/Discharging: Batteries can be set Charge/Discharge or Discharge/Charge for up to 5 cycles.
Operating Voltage Range: 11-18 Volts DC
Max Charge Power: 2x200 watts
Max Discharge Power: 2x25 watts
Charge Current Range: 0.1-10.0A
Discharge Current Range: 0.1-5.0A
Current Drain for Balancing LiPo/Li-ion/LiFe: 200mA/cell
LiPo/Li-ion/LiFe Cell Count: 1-6 cells
NiCd/NiMH Cell Count: 1-18 cells
Pb Battery Voltage: 2V-24V
ProTek R/C is an AMain Sports & Hobbies brand.
This product was added to our catalog on March 3, 2011
But very noisy fan!!! It's not possible to sit next to this charger!
Besides the quick stock options, you can also program you own preset options too. Just remember when you charge to choose 'Balance' option when charging as by default it only does a charge and not balance unless you choose the balance charge option (just one more click). It also has fans on each side. Besides being small, it is very lightweight too.
The monitor software and USB cable included is a cool idea, if you are a serious battery guru who wants to monitor your battery charging times at the track by using your own laptop.
For the price and options, this is a must have DC charger.
While the menu is very complete it took me quite a while to figure out how to access these features. But once my thick brain got it, boy it's a cool device!
I paired this unit up with the ProTek Super Pro 40 power supply, now I'm ready to charge any battery that I may require for years to come.
If I have any complaints it would be a slightly more comprehensive owners manual. The operating info is in the little booklet style manual but a charger this capable should have all its functions explained in a more detailed step-by-step manner.
All in all an excellent product.