ProTek RC Associated B5/B6 HD Titanium Rear Axle (2)
This is a pack of two optional ProTek R/C Titanium Rear Axles, intended for use with the Team Associated B5 and B5M 1/10 Scale 2WD Buggies. These are a replacement for Team Associated HD Axle (ASC71019).
These titanium axles are CNC machined to near-exact tolerances from high-quality 6AL-4V (Grade 5) titanium alloy material and polished to a brilliant finish.
Weighing only 3.5 grams per axle, compared to 6.5 grams per steel axle, these titanium axles drop a combined 6 grams of rotating mass from the drive line. For the stock racer, these axles help decrease motor fatigue, boost efficiency and reduce overall weight.
Titanium is strong, dense and super lightweight. In fact, Titanium has one of the highest strength-to-density ratios of all the metal compounds, making it the best advantage for dropping weight without sacrificing strength or durability.
6AL-4V Grade 5
- CNC Machined Construction
- High-Quality 6AL-4V Titanium Alloy
- Reduced Rotating Mass
- Steel Rear Axle Weight: 6.5g
- Titanium Rear Axle Weight: 3.5g
- The axles will accept the +4mm rear pivot width with the ASC91609 Clamping Hex.
- The axles will also accept the MIP Puck system.
- These axles are equivalent to the ASC71019 HD axle used on the B5, B5M and B6.
- These axles are not compatible with AE 67mm Setup (that setup uses the V2 ASC91762 Axles - not ASC71019)
This product was added to our catalog on November 12, 2015.
update 2/17/2015 - 120-140 runs now and still fine.)
I haven't run them yet, so I'll update my review then
Update: I have about 5-6 packs on them during some long practice sessions and they have held up perfectly through typical crashes and pipe bumping. Long term is a wait and see, but early durability seems good.)