The ProTek R/C 2S 100C 3600mAh Silicon Graphene HV LCG Shorty LiPo Battery is a great battery option for any racer looking for a lightweight, shorty style battery. Weighing 148 grams, the LCG shorty is over two ounces lighter than a standard shorty pack, with a smaller footprint. This offers an improved power to weight ratio and a lower overall CG.
ProTek R/C Silicon Graphene 100C LiPo batteries are the next step in the evolution of LiPo battery technology. Silicone Graphene construction offers improved efficiency, lower operating temperatures, lower internal resistance, better run time, increased cycle life and increased voltage!
When compared to standard LiPo and LiHV, Silicon Graphene cells deliver an array of benefits! Lab testing has shown that ProTek R/C Silicon Graphene packs have double the cycle life when charged at 1C rates, and can be charged at higher amp rates, with less risk of damage to the pack. More importantly, the discharge curve is flatter, meaning the cells maintain higher voltage throughout the discharge cycle - with no significant drop off. Additionally, when compared to conventional LiPo batteries Silicon Graphene batteries are lighter, providing a higher capacity per gram ratio. With 7.6V nominal voltage, 100C discharge ratings, incredibly high charge rates and ten different models to choose from, ProTek R/C Silicon Graphene packs are perfect for racers and bashers that demand the absolute best.
"The SG packs are worth .1 to .2 tenths of a second per lap in the 17.5 classes because they have more punch and they don’t fade. They are legit!” - Randy Pike, Tekin Team Manager
"The power drop off is noticeably later in the run using the Silicon Graphene LiPo batteries. The IR rating keeps getting lower and lower with every cycle and the battery temp after a run is much lower than our old 100C packs." - Chad Bradley, ProTek R/C Product Specialist
While these batteries are technically LiHV cells, they can still be charged with a standard LiPo charger. The overall voltage and capacity will be slightly less than if charged to LiHV specs, but the performance will be better than a standard LiPo thanks to the reduced weight and low internal resistance. Some sanctioned races have maximum 8.4V battery end volt requirements, and these packs will offer a noticeable advantage when compared to a standard 7.4V LiPo pack.
- Lighter than a standard shorty pack, with a smaller footprint
- Improved power to weight ratio and a lower overall CG
- Silicone Graphene can handle more abuse and deliver more current than a standard LiPo battery
- Improved efficiency, lower operating temperatures, and lower internal resistance!
- Increased run time, increased cycle life and increased voltage!
- More capacity gram for gram when compared to standard LiPo cells
- Perfect for stock class racers looking to shave grams
- 10C max charge rates - 1C charge rate recommended for longest life
- 7.6V nominal voltage
|Battery Model|| LCG Shorty HV LiPo
|Number of Cells||2 Cell
|Dimensions (WxLxH)|| 47x93x18.5mm
|Maximum Charge Rate||10C (36A)
|Continuous Discharge||100C (360A)|
|Watt Hour @7.6V
- (1) ProTek R/C Battery
- (2) 4mm Bullet Connectors
- (1) 2mm Balance Bullet Connector
LITHIUM POLYMER SAFETY INFORMATION
1) DO NOT leave the battery in your model when charging
2) DO NOT leave unattended when charging
3) ALWAYS balance charge the battery
4) ALWAYS use a LiPo charging bag
5) YOU MUST use a Li-Poly specific charger to charge the pack (NiMH or NiCD only chargers WILL NOT WORK!)
6) YOU MUST not over discharge the Li-Poly battery pack
7) READ & UNDERSTAND the instructions carefully before operating this battery
NOTE: When using high energy Li-Polymer Batteries, please do not over-discharge or over-charge batteries as this will result in over heated batteries. Discharging capacity can't exceed 80% of the max capacity of the pack after full charging to ensure a good cycle performance. It is recommended to fully charge a brand new battery before using and only discharge the battery 50% for first 5 cycles. Always monitor race time and/or set a low voltage warning on ESC (End voltage cannot be lower than 3.2v per cell). Do not use the battery that has too low a voltage.
Do not expose batteries to sunshine or store/charge batteries at the temperature above 35°C or in a closed car. The high temperature environment could cause damage to the pack or make it burst. If the battery becomes hot while fast charging, high current discharging or racing, do not charge the battery until it has cooled completely. Wait about 20 mins, then inspect prior to recharging.
This product was added to our catalog on December 12, 2016
A Main Customer service is the best hands down.