Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Quadcopter (Sand)
This item is discontinued and no longer available for purchase. You may want to search our site for a similar item.
This is the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Quadcopter. Soar high with the AR.Drone 2.0, Parrot's next generation drone. Thanks to its intuitive Smartphone and tablet control, you'll never be closer to flying as you view the earth from high above in high definition. Plus, you can directly share your experience online with the world, directly from the piloting interface!
Needed to Complete:
- Fly in HD Get the hawk eye from high above with the frontal 720p HD camera (30fps - 91° angle)
- Record & share with FreeFlight 2.0 & AR.Drone Academy
- A set of sensors and high-end technological refinements for sharper controls and improved control over the AR.Drone 1.0, even in the higher altitudes
- Live streaming on your smartphone—get high definition live video streaming to your smartphone or tablet during flight. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot seat
- Absolute Control, intuitive piloting for beginners. Moves your AR.Drone 2.0 in the same direction your move your device, whatever the orientation of the AR.Drone 2.0
- Access the exclusive acrobatic flip move, letting you perform barrel rolls as you are flying
- Create your profile and upload videos/photos/nav data to AR.Drone Academy
- HD VIDEO RECORDING: Get high definition live video streaming to your Smartphone or tablet as you are flying. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot seat.
- HD Camera 720p 30fps
- Wide angle lens: 92° diagonal
- Video storage on the fly with Wi-Fi directly on your remote device or on a USB Key
- H264 encoding base profile
- Low latency streaming
- Traveling, Pan, Crane predefined autopilot modes for video recording
- JPEG photo capture
- ROBUST STRUCTURE: Trying your most daring tricks won't even challenge this cutting edge design which is made to last.
- Foam to isolate the inertial center from the engines' vibrations
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) hulls
- Carbon fiber tubes: Total weight 380g with outdoor hull, 420g with indoor hull
- High grade 30% fiber charged nylon plastic parts
- Liquid Repellent Nano-Coating on ultrasound sensors
- Fully reparable: All parts and instructions for repairing available on the internet
- ELECTRONIC ASSISTANCE: AR.Drone 2.0 on-board technology gives you extreme precision control and automatic stabilization features.
- 1GHz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor with 800MHz video DSP TMS320DMC64x
- 1Gbit DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- Wi-Fi™ b/g/n
- 3 axis accelerometer +/- 50mg precision
- 3 axis gyroscope 2000°/second precision
- Pressure sensor +/- 10 Pa precision (80 cm / 2.6 feet at sea level)
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
- 3 axis magnetometer 6° precision
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
- Linux 2.6.32
- USB 2.0 high speed for extensions
- MOTORS: Fly high. Fly fast. Far away from the ground.
- 3S 1000mAh LiPo rechargeable battery
- Specific high propelled drag for great maneuverability
- 8 MIPS AVR CPU per motor controller
- 4 brushless inrunner motors. 14.5 watt and 28 500 rpm when hovering
- Self-lubricating bronze bearings
- Tempered steel propeller shafts
- Low noise Nylatron gears for 8.625 propeller reductor
- Micro ball bearing
- Rare earth magnets
- Emergency stop controlled by software
- Fully reprogrammable motor controller
- Water resistant motor's electronic controller
- CONTROL: Control the AR.Drone 2.0 with your Smartphone (iPhone®, iPod® Touch, Android™ 2.2 and above) or tablet (iPad™ or Android™) for an intuitive piloting experience. Your movements command the direction of the AR.Drone 2.0.
- Download AR.FreeFlight 2.0 control application for free on the App Store or the Google Play.
- Tilt your Smartphone or tablet to pilot the AR.Drone 2.0.
- Includes several control modes from beginner to expert including the new patented "Absolute Control" mode. Be a flying ace in 5 minutes!
- Record and share videos on YouTube and pictures on Picasa directly from the piloting interface.
- USB key recording option.
- Access the exclusive acrobatic flip move, letting you perform barrel rolls as you are flying!
- Store and share your flight data (time, speed, altitude …) to unlock community achievements*.
- Geolocate your flights and connect with a community of pilots to discover the best flying spots and videos from all over the world or check who is flying in your neighborhood.
- Without hull: 366g
- With indoor hull: 436g
- With outdoor hull: 400g
- Without the hull: 45 x 29 cm
- With indoor hull: 51.5 x 51.5 cm
- With outdoor hull: 45.2 x 45.2 cm
- Lithium polymer battery: 3 cells, 11.1V, 1000mAh
- Charging time: 1h30m
- Running time: 12 minutes
- Embedded computer system
- CPU OMAP 3630 1GHz ARM cortex A8
- DDR SDRAM 128MB
- NAND Flash memory 128MB
- Wi-Fi /g/n
- Linux OS
- Ultrasound altimeter
- Emission frequency: 40kHz
- Range: 6 meters
- Front Camera
- 90° wide-angle diagonal lens camera, CMOS sensor
- Video frequency: 30fps
- Resolution: 1280x720 pixels (720p)
- Vertical Camera
- 64°wide-angle diagonal lens camera, CMOS sensor
- Video frequency: 60fps
- Resolution: 320x240 pixels (QVGA)
- Operating temperature: 0°C - 55°C
Needed to Complete:
- Smartphone (iPhone®, iPod® Touch, Android™ 2.2 and above) or tablet (iPad™ or Android™)
- AR.FreeFlight 2.4.12 iOS App Download Here. AR.FreeFlight 2.4.10 Driod Download Here.
This product was added to our catalog on June 25, 2014.