ParkZone Sport Cub BNF Basic Electric Airplane (1300mm) w/3S Battery & Charger
This is the ParkZone Sport Cub Bind-N-Fly Electric Airplane. The full-scale Cub Crafters Sport Cub is an inspired reinvention of the Piper Super Cub that is introducing a whole new generation of aviators to the wonder and excitement of back country flying.
The ParkZone Sport Cub park flyer is a fantastic recreation of this aerial adventure machine that will open a new world of possibilities for RC pilots too. Constructed of durable, lightweight Z-Foam material, it shares many of the same aerodynamic features that give the full-scale version its light wing loading and superb short field abilities. Oversized tundra tires for flying off grass and other rough surfaces are included. Those in search of the ultimate RC bush flying experience have the option of adding floats and functional flaps.
This Bind-N-Fly version comes equipped with a Spektrum DSMX 6-channel receiver with built-in AS3X (Artificial Stabilization - 3-aXis) technology. Using a combination of 3-axis sensing and exclusive flight control software, this system counters the effects of wind and turbulence so you can fly low and slow or nail sport landings with amazing precision.
- Spektrum DSMX receiver with AS3X technology, installed
- Powerful 480-size, 960Kv BL outrunner motor, installed
- 18A brushless ESC, installed
- Aileron, elevator and rudder servos installed
- Durable Z-Foamô construction
- Oversized tundra tires
- Leading edge vortex generators
- Designed to accept the HobbyZone Super Cub Float Set, sold separately
- Optional flap servo, sold separately
- Large, easy-access battery hatch
- Includes 3S 1300mAh 20C Li-Po battery
- Includes DC 3S Li-Po fast charger
- Requires a full-range 4+ channel (5+ channel with flaps) DSM2ģ/DSMX transmitter, sold separately
Wingspan: 51.0 in (1300mm)
Overall Length: 34.0 in (865mm)
Flying Weight: 33.3 oz (945 g)
Motor Size: 480 Brushless Motor 960kV
Radio: 4+ channel (5+ channel for optional flaps) (required)
Prop Size: 9 x 6
Speed Control: 18 amp brushless ESC (installed)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 1300mAH LiPo battery (included)
Landing Gear: Yes
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Weight: 945 grams (33.3 ounces) with battery
- PNP Sport Cub
- (1) 480 Brushless Motor, 960kV, Installed
- (2) Aileron Servos, Installed
- (1) Elevator Servo, Installed
- (1) Rudder Servo, Installed
- (1) 18 Amp ESC, Installed
- (1) 3S 1300mAh 20C LiPo Battery
- (1) DC 3S LiPo Fast Charger
Needed To Complete:
- 2.4GHz 4-Channel DSMX Transmitter
- 12V Vehicle Outlet, for charger (cigarette lighter type)
This product was added to our catalog on May 27, 2014.
The aircraft is designed for a 3c 1300mah battery. I consistently use a 3c 2200mah. At 1/2 throttle you can manage 8+ minutes of flight time.
A number of my flying buddies have the same aircraft and like myself would strongly endorse buying it. I promise you will love it!)
It's a very sedate plane to fly. Feels weak compared to some others but has plenty of power to pull itself out of trouble. Will roll nicely but it rolls like a cub, needs other inputs for a smooth roll. Loops are easy. It had a longer glide slope than I expected when landing and can fly on almost no power. Power off stalls result in the plane floating down without and dramatic results.
It flies like the larger models without the risks of quick wing drops and violent losses in altitude. You can bank and yank, but it does best when you add some rudder to a turn.
I only maidened it today with the CG at book recommendation. Going to bump it back a little in the future for a little more response. At the factory point I think this plane could be an excellent plane to learn on WITH a buddy box. Not good for unexperienced solo flights. Just beware that you may stall a few times with your next plane thinking they all float like balloons.)