ParkZone P-47D Thunderbolt Plug-N-Play
ParkZone has brought The Jug to life with this great flying scale recreation that comes out of the box with details like a simulated radial engine, molded panel lines and a realistic 404th Fighter Group paint scheme. It’s even set up to let you easily add the option of functional flaps and retractable landing gear. And you can bet it flies every bit as good as it looks. The 15-size brushless motor and E-flite 30A Pro brushless ESC that are installed for you will provide more than enough power for high-speed strafing runs and sport aerobatics.
Best of all, you can have this Plug-N-Play® version ready to fly in minutes. All you need is a 4-channel full range or park flyer aircraft transmitter and receiver, a 3S 11.1V 2200mAh Li-Po battery, and a 3S Li-Po charger. A minimum of 6 channels will be required if you want to add the optional flaps and retractable landing gear.
- Full 4-channel control – throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder
- E-flite Electric Retracts ready (retracts sold separately - EFLG100)
- Optional flap control (requires two servos - sold separately) Ready to fly in minutes
- Powerful 15-size brushless outrunner motor installed
- E-flite® 30A Pro brushless ESC installed
- Includes removable fixed landing gear and steerable tail wheel
- Includes clear protective belly skid for gear-off landings
- Ready to fly in minutes
- Durable and lightweight Z-Foam™ construction
- Requires a 4-channel (minimum) full range or park flyer transmitter, receiver, battery and charger (sold separately)
Wingspan: 42.2 in (1070mm)
Overall Length: 36.9 in (940mm)
Flying Weight: 40.0 oz (1130g), 42.5 oz (1200g) with retracts and flap servos
Motor Size: 15-size 950Kv BL Outrunner
CG (center of gravity): 60.0mm from leading edge at wing root
Prop Size: 9.5 x 7.5
Speed Control : E-flite 30A Pro Brushless
Recommended Battery: 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C Li-Po
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- A 4+ Channel Radio System. 6+ Channel Transmitter and Receiver system is required for full flap and retract functionality.
- 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C Li-Po battery
- Compatible Li-Po battery Charger
- For Retracts, you will need 10-15 size electric retracts (EFLG100). For simple installation, also use the pre-bent struts (PKZ5317).
- For Flaps, you will need two (2) SV80 servos (PKZ1081).
This product was added to our catalog on December 21, 2010.
Update: This plane is now my favorite plane that I own. I still think it's just slightly on the big/fast side for park flying but it is still so much fun to fly! I fly mostly at Marsh Middle school now since this plane is too big for my normal site. I take off from the paths at the school and then belly land it in the grass. 20+ belly landings so far and the belly and wings still look brand new. I have taken in to the air field and have done a few gear landings. Gear landings look smooth and scale.)