ParkZone P-47D Thunderbolt Bind-N-Fly (Retracts Ready)
This is the ParkZone P-47D Thunderbolt Bind-N-Fly airplane. Affectionately dubbed “The Jug”, Republic’s P-47D Thunderbolt was a swift, multi-role fighter that was as much of a menace to ground targets as it was enemy aircraft. Its rugged airframe, armored cockpit and eight .50-caliber machine guns allowed its pilots to fly into the teeth of heavy fire, devastate a ground target and still make it home despite significant damage.
ParkZone has brought The Jug to life with this great flying scale recreation that comes out of the box with details like a simulated radial engine, molded panel lines and a realistic 404th Fighter Group paint scheme. It’s even set up to let you easily add the option of functional flaps and retractable landing gear. And you can bet it flies every bit as good as it looks. The 15-size brushless motor and E-flite 30A Pro brushless ESC that are installed for you will provide more than enough power for high-speed strafing runs and sport aerobatics.
Best of all, you can have this Bind-N-Fly version flying in the time it takes you to charge the included battery pack and bind its Spektrum AR600 receiver to your full-range DSM2 aircraft transmitter. A minimum of 6 channels will be required if you want to add the optional flaps and retractable landing gear.
- Full 4-channel control – throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder
- E-flite Electric Retracts ready (retracts sold separately - EFLG100)
- Optional flap control (requires two servos - sold separately)
- Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSM2™ AR600 full range 6-channel receiver installed
- E-flite® 30A Pro brushless ESC installed
- Powerful 15-size brushless outrunner motor installed
- 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C Li-Po battery and balancing charger included
- Includes removable fixed landing gear and steerable tail wheel
- Includes clear protective belly skid for gear-off landings
- Durable and lightweight Z-Foam™ construction
- Ready to fly in minutes
- Requires a full range DSM2 aircraft transmitter (sold separately)
- Wingspan: 42.2 in (1070mm)
- Overall Length: 36.9 in (940mm)
- Flying Weight: 40.0 oz (1130g), 42.5 oz (1200g) with retracts and flap servos
- Motor Size: 15-size 950Kv BL Outrunner
- CG (center of gravity): 60.0mm from leading edge at wing root
- Prop Size: 9.5 x 7.5
- Speed Control : E-flite 30A Pro Brushless
- Recommended Battery: 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C Li-Po
- Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- 4+ Channel DSM2 compatible Transmitter. 6+ Channels are required for flap and retract functionality.
- For Retracts, you will need 10-15 size electric retracts (EFLG100). For simple installation, also use the pre-bent struts (PKZ5317).
- For Flaps, you will need two (2) SV80 servos (PKZ1081).
This product was added to our catalog on December 17, 2010.
One of the thing that amazed me most, was that i could mount the go pro HD camera on top and even this "small" airplane manage to carry it trough a whole batterypack in a very typicaly norwegian windy enviroment :D
NICE NICE NICE!!!)