OFNA X3 Sabre Pro 2.0 1/8 Competition Buggy Kit
Hong Nor's X3 Sabre is well laid out with the battery compartment moved forward for better steering and on power traction. The engine has also been moved forward and centered for improved left to right balance. The fuel tank is neatly lined with fuel clips to easily route your fuel lines and keep them safe and secure. Thick 5mm shock towers are milled just enough to stay sturdy and strong, while minimizing unnecessary weight. The 7075-T6 chassis is strong yet lightweight, and its all topped off with ultra light wheels, a high down force wing and a newly designed body. The X3 has not only that fast look but the performance to back it up.
- 2.0 Updates: Along with the standard kit the 2.0 includes an addition bag of updated parts. These parts are to extend the chassis life and durability. The composite parts are firm with less flexibility and the updated differential cases - front, center & rear - are better made to handle the heat-up of the silicon oils.
- 7075-T6 Chassis: The countersunk chassis was developed with the latest modern designs. Now with front and rear chassis kick-up to keep the buggy from scrubbing speed when landing jumps and reducing chassis wear at the rear of the buggy. Weight saving was kept in mind also, as it has been milled to save on weight but yet remain strong with raised edges to keep the chassis rigid and responsive, nice and narrow with composite stone guards to keep the body tightly fitted and help keep the elements out.
- Caster: Caster adjustments on the X3 can be made with the front and rear hinge pin holders, and the hub is set at 12 degrees with the steering knuckle at 10 degrees to give you a total of 22 degrees. But the holders can be adjusted to set caster from 20 to 24 degrees, allowing you to achieve the right balance of steering and throttle through the corners with on power steering or a more aggressive approach with off power steering. There are so many combinations to dial in your buggy that the adjustments are almost limitless.
- Front Suspension: Hong Nor's front suspension has been built for toughness. The long travel arms and camber links can take the abuse from rocks, pipes, big landers and heavy collisions. The parts on the front end have been protected to keep the front together race after race. Solid front CVA's attached to 13x20mm and 8x14mm bearings keep the drive train free and continuously rolling. 16mm shocks keep the suspension reactive, while the 4mm rounded super strong hinge pins are made to handle the abuse of rutty bumps and jumps. The hinge pins are captured by the CNC hinge pin holders and a small gearbox that is also weight saving with lightened cross pins, outdrives, shock towers, spider gears, bevel and pinion gears.
- Rear Suspension: Just like the front suspension the rear arms and camber links are solid in construction and long in length. Rear uprights carry large bearings for the CVA's like the front for roll free operation. The toe plate is fixed with inserts that hold the 4mm steel hinge pins in place, locked in with the gearbox. Anti-squat is adjustable with inserts and is CNC machined from aluminum. A hefty rear shock tower holds the 16mm shocks in place and mounts the Hi-Down Force wing. The rear differential has the same lightweight outdrives, spider gears, cross pins, bevel and pinion as the front.
- Differentials: Front, center and rear differentials are made to handle the stunning performance of high powered engines. These diffs will put down the traction and keep the oils in place as the seals offer a tight fit. 8x16mm bearings hold the diffs in place and all lightened outdrives are the same in front, center and rear. The diff case is smaller in size but contains enough oil to stay consistent in a long race. Hardened steel bevel and pinion gears give long life and a high wear factor, the 41 tooth spur is also hardened.
- Brake System: The brakes are quick to stop as the brake pads are made from fiberglass combined with steel to give the Sabre major stopping power. The rear fiber disc is smaller than the front disc, allowing the engine to be closer to the center line for chassis balance. The brake pads are side loaded to get the Sabre's weight lower to the chassis. Brake cams and levers are also on the side dropping top weight lower and allowing clearance for a low profile dual stage air filter. To protect the front brake from fuel a shroud is made over the spur and brake to prevent brake fade after a refuel. The shroud also keeps the air filter free and clear from dirt, rocks and fuel spinning off the spur back into the filter.
- Version 2 16mm Shocks: OFNA shocks are some of the best in the business, and now they have stepped it up with the V2's. Silky smooth operation, a tight fitting set of o-ring seals, 3.5mm shock shafts and hardcoated shock bodies make these the Sabre's best friend. High oil volume offers the right amount of dampening and lift-off, while the bladders have the least amount of wear. Now the V2 shocks are even stronger with low-pro shock caps attached to thicker 4mm shock stand-offs.
- Fuel Tank: The X3 Sabre has an easy route fuel line set-up as fuel clips are integrated into the tank for a nice look and performance. No more gluing clips in place only to having them come off later. This 125cc fuel tank with it's easy to remove fuel plug gives you the necessary run times you need in competition or pull the plug out for more time at local club races. A fuel shroud protects the air filter and holds the fuel filter in place. Body clips hold the tank in place so when it comes to clean up it is easy to remove and put back in place.
- 2080 EFRA Pipe & Header: The 2080 EFRA pipe is a mid-range pipe and gives the Sabre its powerband. Nickel hard chrome gives a spectacular shine off the laser etching showing the Hong Nor name. Built to last, strong and tough, the Hong Nor 2080 is currently limited to the X3 Sabre. The reinforced stinger is made to keep the exhaust from bending and losing performance in the event of a race that could make the engine tuning an issue. The double bend header gives out more top-end as it shortens the distance to the pipe and is also made with nickel hard chrome.
- Equipped with two sets of front and rear sway bars
- Adjustable turnbuckles and lightened camber links
- Complete high performance bearing set
- 2 Stage air filter
- Composite stone guards and rear mud deflectors
- 7075 CNC etched left and right long engine mounts
- High impact down force wing
- Light weight inch up wheels with tires
- Hard chrome EFRA approved 2080 one piece pipe and header
- Clear cab forward body for excellent handling
- Light weight flywheel and aluminum 3 shoe clutch
- 125cc Fuel tank and removable tank plug
- Easy to remove gas tank and fuel guard
- Integrated fuel clips and fuel filter
- Center differential with brake and gear shroud
- Side loaded caliper with return springs
- Light weight front and rear fiber brakes
- Special capped center drive line
- Full light weight CVA drive train
- Light weight front, rear, and center differentials
- Complete set of light weight out drives
- 7075 CNC 5mm aluminum front and rear shock towers
- Full travel front and rear suspension
- Redesigned steering system with ackerman
- 22 Degree steering hubs
- 7075 CNC aluminum drag link
- Solid constructed arms and camber links
- Steel captured hinge pins
- 7075 CNC Arm holder and toe plate
- 7075 CNC Front and rear chassis braces
- 7075 3mm lightened chassis with countersunk screws
- Front and rear chassis kick up
- Version 2 big bore shocks
- Two sets of shock springs
- Two counter clockwise shock screws
- Composite radio tray, enclosed batter, and receiver box
- Forward battery compartment for better steering
- Smaller front and rear gear cases with sway bar mounting
2.0 Updates Include:
- Stronger arms that are firmer and stronger at the hinge pin point
- Rear aluminum bearing carrier for the gearbox
- Updated front bumper design
- Three differential cases
- Stronger rear toe plate
- 7075-T6 aluminum skid plate
- Rear aluminum brace between gearbox and rear brace
Type: 4WD Nitro Buggy
Length: 20.28" (515mm)
Width: 12.1" (307mm)
Height: 7.4" (188mm)
Wheelbase: 20.28" (515mm)
Weight: 7.27 lbs (2721g)
Chassis: 7075-T6 3mm Aluminum
Needed To Complete:
- Nitro Fuel
- Fuel Bottle
- Glow Driver
- Receiver pack
- .21 Engine
- Servos (2)
- Starter box
- AA Batteries
This product was added to our catalog on January 24, 2012.
and everything is made lighter than the x1/x2 buggys
features traditional transmission but using lots of newer techniques, like JQ brakes, angled chassis on the rear too, batteryweight up front ..
from what I hear, the x3 drives very very good, is easy to set up and work on
- not much...ballbearings and screws are only average quality, shockrods seem a bit weak)
To date, in Nitro this has been the car that Iíve enjoyed driving the most and performed the best with. You canít go wrong when choosing the X3.