OFNA Hyper 8.5x RTR 1/8 Competition Buggy Kit (w/Macstar .28)
This is the Hyper 8.5x RTR 1/8 Competition Buggy kit from HoBao. To stay at the very top of racing requires constant development, testing and new ideas. Since its release the Hyper 8 has continually been the focus of the HoBao designers to further enhance and improve what was already a winning design. After all, a car, team, driver is only as good as his last win.
The release of the new Hyper 8.5 Pro brings together the ultimate and most up-to-date racing package consisting of new design features as well as additional optional set-up accessories all inside the box. This is your one-stop buggy to instant success.
What's different as you may feel it looks the same. Well this version has the optional FR2 chassis which is standard with an additional 2mm extra length at both the front and rear for improved handling, jumping and general driveabilty. Larger, big bore shocks result in more constant and less oil changes during hard long finals. All 5 optional roll-bars are included, along with CNC aluminium suspension arm holders, servo horn, engine/chassis brace, lightweight wheel hubs and wheel dust proof nuts.
- Front, center & rear oil filled differentials
- 17mm Big Bore oil-filled shocks with Teflon pistons
- .28 MacStar nitro engine
- Aluminum center & front plate
- Low Profile radio tray
- Carbon 3 shoe clutch
- Full sealed ball bearings
- In tank and external fuel filter
- Painted body
- Aluminum radio tray
- Polished 2 chamber tuned pipe
- Front adjustable steering turnbuckles
- Aluminum shock towers
- Front & rear brake disks with bias
- Front & rear sway bars
- Hard anodized FR2 chassis
- Transponder mount
- Front C-hub suspension
- Adjustable wheel base
- High capacity fuel tank
- Front caster block has interchangeable inserts for different caster angles, does not require removal of driveshaft.
- No E-clips, Inboard hinge pins in captive supports front and rear. Outboard hinge pins secured with setscrew.
- Rollbars have one piece molded connectors, which are accurate and light weight.
- Gearbox casing more compact and is not chassis mounted for protection, with diff mounted lower.
- New fuel tank does not require 90deg opening for fast filling.
- Rear hubs feature interchangeable inserts to alter track width by 0.15mm each side.
- New 2-piece brake mount for quick spur gear change.
- AMB mount features wire runner for personal transponders.
- Sealed radio box for water protection and easy access with the antenna tube held in with setscrew.
- Rear upper arm features angled ball joint to allow more suspension down travel without binding on wheel.
- Rear toe-in adjustable with different color hub inserts.
- New suspension geometry allows more travel combined with smaller shocks for less weight.
- Shocks feature 3.5mm shafts and more space behind blatter for more consistent performance.
- New caster blocks. Choose from 18, 20, or 22, bottom block of C-hub changes caster.
- New design fuel tank and high flow air filter as well as sealed chrome top radio box.
- A smaller gear box, new suspension geometry and light weight arms allows for more travel
Length: 18.1" (460mm)
Front Width: 12" (305mm)
Rear Width: 12.2" (310mm) maximum
Height: 7.9" (200mm)
Weight: 7.7lbs (3500g)
Wheelbase: 12.6 - 12.8"_(320 - 326mm) adjustable
Needed to Complete:
- "AA" Batteries
- 20% Nitro fuel
- Glow ignitor
- Glow plugs
This product was added to our catalog on October 17, 2006.
Hope this helps
take care. -//- Wong.. This buggy will not run 55 MPH...but it will run around 40 MPH....I own 4 Hyper 8.5 pros.... I dont run RTRs however if you are looking for a RTR track car This is it! no RTR has good servos there trying to keep cost down and Servos of high quality cost plenty....I broke one of these in for a friend and the macstar is not a bad engine in fact its a really good engine for a RTR it broke in easy and held a tune well... the guy i broke it in for had no nitro EXP at all.. and he had no problem tuning it.......Now you saying this buggy only would run 10 MPH? thats crazy and who ever told you 55MPH is crazy.. my 8.5 with a C6BBT in it prolly wont run 55MPH close but i doubt that fast unless i gear it with like a 16-17T CB.....thats a 500 dollar engine plus 130 dollar mod on it.....a 100 dollar RTR engine isnt gonna put out that kinda power...... the 8.5 is a GREAT buggy.... I have owned all pro buggys and by far the 8.5 is the best handling smoothest and best jumper out of them all.... the Hyper 8 was a great car to start with and the few key updates they did to it makes it a wicked sweet buggy. now it running 10 MPH well chances are you had it VERY VERY VERY rich VERY rich....you can take the fastest engine out there and make it so rich that full throttle wont hardly move the car because it loads up with so much fuel on top it cant spin any RPM's.......even at break in needle settings it wouldnt be that rich so you had to open it up prolly another turn to get it that rich....Dont hate on this car its the best RTR track car on the market by far....and not only do i say that read RC car actions review on it and a few other mags reviews.... I could take this car to the track STOCK only extra thing is a 5 cell REC pack (stock servos) and put this car in the A-B main just the way it is... im a top of the field A main driver and any track i go to, and would turn fast laps with a RTR with this buggy... this buggy with a fast .21 and good servos will run and handle as good as the pro kit....its just not gonna be a durable........people if you have 490 bucks and want a very fast high quality RTR for the track this is your buggy......its as simple as that.)