OFNA 1/8 Ultra LX2 RTR 1/8 Off Road Buggy w/Force .28 & 2.4GHz Transmitter
This is the OFNA 1/8 Ultra LX2 RTR 1/8 Off Road Buggy. The ULTRA LX2 continues the legacy of the ultra series, offering innovative features, in an affordable hi-performance 1/8th scale off-road buggy. The OFNA R&D team found that this kit is easy to drive with smooth and consistent handling, thanks to new features such as the 16mm big bore shocks, Triad racing tires and dual fiber disc brakes. The chassis has been redesigned for better balance by shifting weight to the center, and the overall weight of the kit has been dramatically reduced. Improved stone guards, integrated fuel clips and the new cab forward style body top off the new additions to this revamped racing machine.
In Depth Features:
- C-Hub Suspension: Built from strong DuPont nylon, this pro design has plenty of steering. Look closely, the pivot screw is OFNA's patented T-bolt king pin design, making this a solid foundation to prevent losing a locking bolt. Even after a locking bolt failure, the king pin will not fall out.
- Front/Rear Suspension: ULTRA LX-2's suspension is supported by the popular 16mm big bore shocks, giving the LX-2 a perfect balance of oil volume for bumps and a plush, but firm ride. These hardcoated shock bodies have threaded collars for easy ride height adjustability. This hardcoating is carried over all aluminum parts such as; shock towers, front plate, hinge pin holders, radio tray and fully countersunk chassis.
- Radio Tray: The radio tray and box have been revised with a low profile battery & receiver box. No screws are needed to get the box open, just remove the body clips and you're in. The box is fully sealed from the elements and will keep your electronics safe and dry. Two stand up servos are firmly mounted within the aluminum radio tray for a clean layout and easy removal.
- Engine: As in all ULTRA kits, a high power Force .28 pull start engine is strapped in by solid platform engine mounts; gone are the old school slider mounts. This engine's brute force is being transferred to the steel spur gear by a three shoe clutch with aluminum flywheel. To get this buggy some speed, a 14 tooth CNC clutch bell was to transfer power to the wheels.
- 145cc Fuel Tank: A large 145cc fuel tank is a nice touch to a good looking buggy. For ease of maintenance, the easy-out fuel tank can be removed by two clips. The fuel tube routing is done cleanly with integrated clips, so fuel line doesn't get pinched or severed. Additionally, the fuel tank has a positive closing lid for fast fuel stops, keeping fuel and pressure in.
- Brakes: Two pro fiber disc brakes are standard equipment on this RTR. With double brakes and two threaded bias rods, you can adjust the front or rear brakes individually at any given moment. Stopping power is superb, and less servo power will be needed to get this buggy slowed down with fiber brakes.
- 2.4GHz Radio: The 2.4GHz radio has all the functions you need to dial-in your buggy. Trim adjustments for steering and throttle are now included on this radio. Dual rate adjustment for steering is quick and convenient with inc/dec buttons on the grip of the radio. The biggest bonus on this radio is adjustments for both steering and throttle end points so you can safely keep your servos from suffering burnout. Plus, there is no need for a fail safe with this 2.4GHz radio, because its built in.
- .28 Nitro Engine
- Front C-Hub suspension
- 2.4 GHz radio system
- 16MM Aluminum shocks
- Front universals
- Aluminum shock towers
- Stone Guards
- High performance triad racing tires
- Ultra lite dish wheels
- Fuel tank with integrated holding clips and splash guard
- Front and rear chassis braces
- Front and rear sway bars
- Dual fiber disc brakes
- Easy access battery box
- 3 Shoe competition racing clutch
- High flow air filter
- Aluminum motor mount
- Hard coated aluminum chassis
- Sealed bearings
- Cab forward body design
- Sealed radio box
- High-Down force wing
Type: 4WD Buggy
Length: 19.5 in (495mm)
Width: 11.7 in (298mm)
Wheelbase: 12.9 in (330mm)
Weight: 7.8 lbs (3538g)
Chassis: Hard Coated Aluminum
Engine: Force .28 Pull Start
Needed to Complete:
- (8) AA Batteries for transmitter
- (4) AA Batteries for receiver, or rechargeable 6.0V receiver battery & charger
- (1) D Battery for glow ignitor
- Glow Plug (Standard Long Hot Plug, OFN51010 recommended)
- Wheel nut wrench
This product was added to our catalog on May 4, 2011.
Very stable and fast, this car is exellent for begginers into 1/8 scale through advanced racer.
I think that there is just one thing to worry about: The servo quality is not good.......
But for all other details, this is a Great car, I love it.)