Novarossi CLIO P5 Tuned Long Stroke .21 Off Road Engine (Turbo) (Steel)
This is the Novarossi CLIO P5 Tuned .21 Off Road 5 Port Buggy Engine. The CLIO is the latest version of the notorious Novarossi P5, updated with a recessed cooling head for a lower center of gravity, and an o-ring supported combustion chamber. Additionally, a 3-needle reverse type carburetor has been chosen to deliver a better idle and improved return to idle characteristics.
Other features include an R7 conrod made from super light aluminum, designed to create the least amount of turbulence inside the engine. This has been combined with a 5-port sleeve to create a linear power output and to keep fuel consumption low. The crankshaft features a larger bore intake to increase the mixture flow, and includes a special shape to optimize gas-flow in the engine.
- Cooling Head: The cooling head has been drilled and recessed to reduce the mass of the cooling head and lower the center of gravity of the engine/car.
- Sleeve: The sleeve has 5 transfer ports, and an exhaust with booster ports to deliver linear power and keep fuel consumption low.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft has a larger intake bore to increase the mixture flow, and has a special shape to optimize gas flow in the engine.
- Conrod: The R7 conrod is machined from a super light aluminum that has been checked ultrasonically. The unique shape of the R7 rod creates less turbulence inside the engine.
- Glowplug: The glowplug of engine is a Turbo type glowplug. Turbo glowplugs have a different shape than Standard glowplugs and therefor are not interchangeable able with engines that use Standard glowplugs!
- Carburetor: The plastic carburetor is a "reverse" type with a sliding throttle valve. It uses a three needle configuration to provide a better idle and improved return to idle.
- Combustion Chamber: The combustion chamber is supported by an O-Ring which is placed between the combustion chamber and the crankcase to reduce the vibrations of the combustion chamber.
Recommended Tuned Manifolds: NVR41021, NVR41029, NVR41030
Recommended Glow Plug:
- C5TGC: For ambient temperature - 32°F/50°F (0°C/10°C)
- C6TGC: For ambient temperature - 50°F/77°F (10°C/25°C)
- C7TGC: For ambient temperature - 77°F/104°F (25°C/40°C)
RPM (max power): 34,800
Practical Range: 6,000 - 36,500
Bore x Stroke: 16.26 x 16.80mm
Transfer Ports: 5
Front/Rear Bearing Type: Steel
Crankshaft Type: 14mm turbo
Carburetor Type: Plastic 9mm reverse
Adjustment: 3 needle
Glowplug Type: Turbo - C6TGC (included)
Exhaust Position: Rear
Fuel Type: Advise 25% Nitro
This product was added to our catalog on March 11, 2014.