Novak GTB 2 Racing Brushless Electronic Speed Control w/X-Drive
This is the Novak GTB 2 Racing Brushless Electronic Speed Control. Novak’s original GTB, and its successor the GTB 2, have been staples at race tracks all over the world. The GTB 2 platform offers the perfect ESC for almost any class of racing from local Sportsman club racing, to Pro Modified 4X4 Short Course, to any form of on-road racing. The GTB 2 excels in the non-ramping/non-timing Spec Classes and can easily handle the demands of modified 540 and 550-sized motors. It has no built-in timing or motor-ramping features so there is no need to worry about firmware versions, lights or blinks, the GTB 2 is Spec Legal!
Novak X-Drive™ has arrived in a major way, and is taking the racing world by storm! This technology has been added to the tried-and-true GTB 2 platform, and is here to stay. Customers and team drivers who have used X-Drive in side-by-side comparisons report a noticeable performance advantage. This update not only makes your speed control more efficient, it may very well make you faster and put you on the podium!
WHAT IS X-DRIVE™?
- Novak-developed X-Drive™ is the newest motor-firing technology. This revolutionary firmware and hardware delivers unmatched performance and provides:
- Unparalleled throttle response
- Smooth and controlled braking
- Cooler operating temperatures
- Faster lap times
- More power for nearly all applications
The GTB 2 w/X-Drive has everything you need. If you want to fine-tune the feel and response of the ESC, there are 9 on-board adjustments using the One-Touch button. There is no complicated PC programming or use of external programming devices. The GTB 2X w/X-Drive also features NovaBrakes™. This revolutionary braking system provides instantaneous and unbelievably smooth brake response for every application. In addition to thermal protection, the GTB 2 w/X-Drive has on-board temperature monitoring circuitry. Racers can check their ESC’s temperature during or after each run.
- Designed specifically for all forms of 1/10th scale racing
- Sensor-based ESC for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Nine adjustable parameters to maximum performance on the track: Minimum Brake (10 settings), Drag Brake (10 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Frequency (10 settings), Brake End-Point (10 settings), and Drive Frequency (10 settings). Interface also features Reverse Disable and Motor Rotation
- Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any condition
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Robust, 3-amp, true-spec BEC for strong and fast steering response under any condition
- Designed to meet ROAR Sportsman Class Racing specifications
- Highly water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Cross-cut ESC heat sink (#1749 model) for reduced weight and efficient cooling
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- User-replaceable input and switch harnesses
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support and warranty (120 days)
- Designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
Input Cells: 1*-2S LiPo/LiFe or 4-6 NiMH
Footprint: 1.16x1.47” (29.5x37.3 mm)
Height: 0.97” (24.6mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 1.29 oz. (36.6g)
On-Resistance: 0.00040 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Compatibility: 540-Size: 3.5-turn or higher sensored; 550-Size: 4.5-turn or higher sensored
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Status LEDs: 5 multi-colored
*NOTE: For 1S applications, a receiver battery pack or a receiver booster such as Novak's #5477 1S Booster Module must be used.
This product was added to our catalog on March 1, 2012.