Novak GTB 2 LP Brushless ESC/Ballistic Brushless Spec Motor Combo w/X-Drive (17.5T)
This is a Novak GTB 2 LP X-Drive Brushless ESC Combo, with an included 17.5 turn Novak Ballistic Motor. Winning races not only requires dedication and skill, but also equipment that you can depend on lap after lap, race after race. Novak’s GTB 2 ESC with X-Drive is the latest generation, sensor-based controller for top-level non-timing racing, and comes with Novak’s ultra-sleek low-profile heat sink factory installed. This lower profile setup is great for 2WD buggy applications, all forms of non-timing Spec-Class racing, and is the perfect ESC for mild modified racing! If you are going spec racing or taking the dive into modified classes, Novak has a GTB 2 LP brushless combo for you!
The GTB 2 X-Drive LP / Ballistic Brushless Systems have everything a spec-racer needs—performance, adjustability, and reliability—all at an amazingly affordable price. This sensor-based racing system includes Novak-developed X-Drive™ which is one of the most sought-after features in racing. Novak X-Drive™ is a motor-firing technology that provides extremely responsive throttle, smooth braking, and cooler operating temperatures. This translates into faster lap times! The GTB 2 X-Drive also features no built-in timing or motor-ramping features, so there is no need to worry about firmware versions, lights or blinks. The GTB 2 is Spec Legal!
Novak’s proven Ballistic motors contribute to the system’s appeal. Each motor is sensor-based for the ultimate control, includes a high-quality sintered Neodymium rotor, is completely rebuildable with many performance upgrades available, and features an easy-to-adjust timing assembly that alters the RPM range allowing for strategic and smart racing.
Novak Built & Supported
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Irvine, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak GTB 2 X-Drive ESC and Ballistic Brushless Motor is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team.
GTB 2 X-Drive/Ballistic Brushless System Features:
- Ideal for all forms of Spec and Modified Class 1/10th scale racing, including ROAR Sportsman “blinky” class
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Intuitive interface with complete on-board adjustability to maximize performance at the track:
- Drive Tuning: Minimum Drive, Throttle Curve, Drive Frequency, DeadBand
- Brake Tuning: Minimum Brake, Brake Curve, Brake Frequency, Drag Brake, Brake End-Point
- Other Tuning: Reverse Disable, Motor Rotation, LiPo Mode
- Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- Rebuildable motor design with removeable shielded sensor harness, rotor, sensor assembly, wound stator, bearing cap, hardware, sleeve, and both end bells.
- NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any driving condition
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Robust 3-amp BEC for strong and fast steering response under any condition
- Meets ROAR Sportsman Class Racing specifications
- Highly water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect ESC from overheating
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- User-replaceable ESC input and switch harnesses
- Ballistic motor with proven 12.3mm sintered Neodymium rotor with standard 0.125” pinion shaft
- Oversized front motor bearing for increased load handling and bearing life
- Adjustable motor timing assembly
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support, and warranty (120 days)
- Designed and manufactured by Novak Electronics in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs and motors are 100% tested to ensure product works right out of the boand on the track!
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
Input Cells: 1*-2S LiPo/LiFe or 4-6 NiMH
Footprint: 1.16” 1.47” (29.5 37.3 mm)
Height: 0.70” (17.8mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 1.15 oz. (32.6 g)
On-Resistance: 0.0004 ohms @ 25°C transistor temperature
Motor Compatibility: 540-Size: 8.5-turn or higher sensored; 550-Size: 6.5-turn or higher sensored
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
Wire Size: 14G Super-FleCopper-Strand Silicone Wir
Status LEDs: 5 multi-colored
*NOTE: For 1S applications, a receiver battery pack or booster such as Novak’s 1S Booster Module (NOV5477) is recommended.
Ballistic Brushless Motor Specifications:
Motor Turn: 17.5
Motor Size: 2.07x1.41" (52.6x35.8
Motor Weight: 6/6oz
Shaft Diameter: 1/8" (0.125")
kV (unloaded): 2,200
Magnetic Material: Sintered Neodymium
Stator Insert Color: Black
This product was added to our catalog on May 10, 2012.