Novak Eiger Crawling ESC/Terra Claw Brushed Motor Crawler System (55T)
This is the Novak Eiger Crawling ESC/Terra Claw Brushed Motor Crawler System with a 55 turn Terra Claw motor. The Eiger mountain towers amongst the giants of the Swiss Alps topping some 13,000 plus feet. Let Novak’s Eiger 2S/3S Crawling Brush ESC power you to mountain-high adventures as well! The tiny Eiger is packed with all the features you need, and is easier to use and more adjustable than any ESC in its class. Tuning on the rocks is as easy as 1-2-3, with no programmers or wires to fuss with! With four on-board adjustments, the Novak Eiger Crawling ESC can be customized to suit any type of crawling.
The Eiger is compatible with 2S LiPo packs and has a built-in, heavy-duty 2-amp BEC that will power high torque single servo setups with ease. The Eiger is also compatible with 3S LiPo packs! Simply install an external BEC and enjoy the wheel-spinning good times of 11.1 volts! Yee Haw!
NOT JUST FOR CRAWLING
The Eiger comes ready to crawl, and will default to the normal rock crawling settings: forward and reverse with high-power drag brake. Not only can you adjust the power of your Drag/Hill Brakes via the simple on-board programming, but you can turn them off completely. This will set the speed control in normal “Basher” mode with forward, brake, and reverse operation -just like a regular, non-crawling ESC! It’s the best of both worlds. Crawling and bashing!
TERRA CLAW CRAWLER BRUSHED MOTOR
Novak’s affordable Terra Claw Crawling Brushed Motor, provides precise movement control, and exceptional torque and long-run times due to the motor’s high-turn count. Additionally, the Terra Claw is extremely durable, ensuring many smooth and maintenance-free crawling seasons.
- Designed especially for the demands of crawling vehicles to maneuver over the toughest terrain, and also works great for non-crawling applications
- Compact and lightweight design
- Compatible with Novak Terra Claw, Rock Star and other 540-size & 380-size brushed motors
- 4 adjustable parameters: Brake Power/Throttle Mode (5 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Drive Frequency (5 settings), and Voltage Cut-Off
- Water-resistant case with silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Built-In Voltage Cut-Off Circuitry prevents damage to LiPo batteries (auto detects 2S or 3S)
- Built-In 6V output for optional accessory fan or other detail items such as running lights
- User friendly One-Touch programming interface with four multi-colored status LEDs to help personalize the speed control's settings
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick, easy transmitter set-up
- Heavy-duty, internal 2A BEC for high-torque single servo applications. Don’t let the specs fool you—all ESC’s BECs are not created equal. The Eiger’s 2A BEC will go toe-to-toe with many other higher rated units.
- Three ESCs in one—The Eiger has a non-crawling, Basher Mode and can be used in any 1/10th, 1/12th, 1/16th, or 1/18th application with a 20T or higher brushed motor. Additionally, The Eiger has a Servo Mode for forward and reverse directions (no brakes) that can be used for robotic applications.
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring lets you quickly check the ESC's operating temperature at any time
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry to protect the ESC from overheating
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- Plug-and-Play—The Eiger is factory-wired with Tamiya® battery plug & gold-plated bullet motor plugs.
- Factory installed power capacitor
- User-replaceable input harness
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed, assembled and tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally sourced components
Terra Claw Features:
- Specifically designed for R/C vehicles that require precise movement control
- High number of turns for excellent torque and long-run times
- Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs for flexible soldering options
- Equipped with brass bushings
- Made in China
- Tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif.
Motor Compatibility: Brushed only
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F/Drag Brakes/R (crawling modes); F/B/R (basher mode); F/R (servo mode)
Input Cells: 2-3S LiPo or 4-9 NiMH
Size: 1.15x0.95x0.66” (29.0x24.3x16.8mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 0.64 oz. (18.1g)
On-Resistance: 0.0013 ohms
Motor Limit (540): Eiger: 20T or higher (2S); 35T or higher (3S) brushed motor
Motor Limit (380): Any 380-size brushed motor
BEC: 6V DC / 2A
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Battery/Motor Plug: Tamiya-style battery & gold-plated Bullet motor plugs factory installed
Status LEDs: 4 (multi-colored)
Terra Claw Specifications:
Number of Turns: 55
Design: Non Rebuildable
Input Voltage: 2S Li-Po cells or 4-7 cells (1.2V/cell)
Motor Size: 1.96x1.40" (49.8x35.6mm)
Shaft Diameter: 0.125" (3.2mm)
Motor Weight: 5.80 oz., 164 grams
RPM: 8,000 @ 7V or Kv of 1140 RPM/Volt
Power Output: 22 Watts @ 4,500 RPM
Efficiency Peak: 67% @ 6,300 RPM torque 588gm/cm
This product was added to our catalog on January 24, 2012.