Novak EDGE 2S Brushless ESC/Ballistic VTA Brushless Motor System (25.5T)
This is the Novak EDGE 2S Brushless ESC/Ballistic Brushless Motor System, with a 25.5 Turn Ballistic VTA Motor. Novak’s new, extremely small EDGE 2S brushless ESC is now being paired with a Ballistic sensored brushless motor for a cost–saving combo. This system has it all for VTA class racing at an affordable combo price. The EDGE 2S ESC features complete on-board programmability to dial in your perfect throttle setting. The Ballistic motors were developed from the ground-up by Novak, are ROAR approved, and 100% rebuildable.
Ideal for Vehciles with Limited Space: With its compact and lightweight design, the Edge is ideal for all 1/10th and 1/12th scale applications, but it is especially suited for vehicles with little room for electronics. With a footprint 35% smaller than the GTB 2, the EDGE is sure to fit in any vehicle. However, don’t let its small size fool you. This is a feature-packed ESC. In addition to utilizing the same software as Novak’s popular Sportsman class GTB 2 ESC, the Edge also boasts a low profile heat sink.
Easy to Use Features: Novak’s new EDGE 2S ESC contains the latest R/C technology on the market, yet remains remarkably easy to use. Novak’s One-Touch Set-Up™ circuitry allows quick and easy set-up to the transmitter. Utilizing the One-Touch button and five LEDs, the EDGE boasts 12 adjustable parameters for complete customization; allowing the ESC to grow with you while your skills improve and your racing demands increase. The EDGE is equipped with sophisticated Thermal Overload Protection to protect the ESC from overheating. Additionally, like the rest of Novak’s top-of-the-line ESCs, the EDGE features built-in temperature monitoring circuitry to determine the ESCs operating temperature with a quick tap of the One-Touch button. Complete with built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry for both LiPo and LiFe batteries, the EDGE has it all! The EDGE 2S ESC also features zero motor timing advance and meets ROAR Sportsman Class guidelines for fair and consistent performance on the track.
VTA Class 25.5T Motor: This motor is a great upgrade option for the growing Vintage Trans-Am class. Novak developed this motor in collaboration with the Trans-Am: U.S. Vintage R/C Racing Association, with an easy-to-adjust timing assembly; a removable shielded sensor harness; completely rebuildable construction, including the hand-wound stator; and a unique blue, anodized sleeve to differentiate it as a Vintage Trans-Am specific product. This motor is compliant with the Trans-Am Association’s guidelines, and will ensure an exciting and fun day at the track.
- Affordable performance, compact and lightweight design
- Four systems available:
- EDGE 2S / Ballistic 10.5T (NOV3335): Provides the fastest speeds. Ideal for Mild Sportsman Modified Racing, or fast bashers!
- EDGE 2S / Ballistic 13.5T (NOV3336): Ideal for 13.5-turn spec class racing; great for those searching for a balance of power and runtime.
- EDGE 2S / Ballistic 17.5T (NOV3337): Ideal for 17.5-turn spec class racing and new drivers looking for good power and extended runtimes.
- EDGE 2S / Ballistic 25.5T (NOV3339): Both the ESC and Motor are approved for racing events that follow USVTA rules. Motor includes the blue ring. System is also ideal for beginners looking for slower speeds and the longest runtimes.
- 12 adjustable parameters via on-board programming; Minimum Brake, Drag Brake, Minimum Drive, Dead Band, Throttle Curve, Brake Curve, Brake Frequency, Brake End Point, Drive Frequency, Motor Rotation, Reverse, and Voltage Cut-Off
- User-friendly One-Touch programming interface to help personalize the speed control’s feel and response
- Ideal for all 1/10th and 1/12th applications including 2WD Short Course, Off-Road and On-Road
- Zero motor timing advance—meets ROAR Sportsman Class guidelines
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC’s operating temperature at any time
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- NovaBrakes™ provide smooth, controlled and powerful brakes under any condition
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed drivability
- 100% rebuildable motor design, including replaceable rotor, wound stator, and bearings
- Water-resistant case with a silicone gasket case to help keep the elements out
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry to protect the ESC from overheating
- Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes a 120-Day Warranty
- Designed, manufactured and tested by Novak in Irvine, California, using globally sourced components
EDGE 2S ESC Specifications:
Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
Input Cells: 2S LiPo/LiFe or 4-7 NiMH
Size: 1.15x0.95x0.66” (29.0x24.3x16.8mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 0.69 oz. (19.5 g)
On-Resistance: 0.00057 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Limit: 540-size: 10.5T and higher; 380-size: No motor limit
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 2.0 amps
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Status LEDs: 5
kV (unloaded): 1,550
Shaft Diameter (inches): 0.125"
Front Bearing: Large
Rotor Performance (RPM/Temp): High/High
Hand Wound: Yes
Solder Tabs: Yes
Sintered Rotor Magnet: Yes
Thermal Protection: Yes
Timing Ring: Black
End Bell: Ribbed
This product was added to our catalog on October 17, 2011.