Novak Diablo Dual Battery Brushless 550 System w/X-Drive
This is the Novak Diablo Dual Battery Brushless 550 System. Since the inception of the twin motor, dual battery monster truck platform, enthusiasts have been on the hunt for the perfect system to upgrade the power and runtime. Well, look no further! Novak is proud to introduce a brushless system for your twin battery monster truck─the Diablo Dual Battery Brushless 550 System. Novak’s Diablo brushless system was designed from the ground up to run from any dual 2S LiPo or dual 6-cell NiMH battery packs intended for full-sized 10th scale vehicles. Not only is the system a perfect fit for the Traxxas E-Maxx, HPI E-Savage and other dual pack monster trucks, but it is ultra simple to operate, and packed full of cutting-edge features. All this at an unbelievable price point!
MADE FOR EACH OTHER
The Diablo System features the Diablo Dual Battery Brushless ESC. While it may use the same heat sink and case as other popular Novak products, the similarities stop there. The internal components of this speed control are all new, and designed specifically for the high demands of monster truck bashing and thrashing. Enhanced thermal protection, updated low-voltage protection, and Novak-Only Motor ID firmware ensures that the Diablo system will remain safe and sound as you push your truck to the limit.
The perfect ESC requires the perfect motor, and the Diablo System utilizes the customized Diablo 550 Sensored Brushless Motor. Novak has chosen this special breed of brushless motor to provide power-hungry monster truck owners with the best balance of performance, reliability, and runtimes.
NOVAK’S BASH BOOST
Novak’s Bash Boost is a feature that has been developed directly from the race-proven technology that can be found in Novak's competition product line. Bash Boost works similar to Novak’s Dynamic Timing Advance. When the Diablo motor reaches the ideal RPM, and the throttle is in the correct position, the ESC will electronically advance the motor’s timing firing sequences. What this does is gives the Diablo motor a kick-in-the-pants worth of RPM, and makes your rig faster! A lot faster!
THREE MODES TO CHOOSE FROM
Many monster truck drivers are not interested in complicated ESCs with a gigantic laundry list of features and adjustability. It’s a monster truck. It needs smooth control and lots of power. The Diablo brushless system offers Novak’s most simple tuning options yet! You can select from three, very distinct driving modes:
- Default: Provides full forward driving power with limited (50%) reverse and full brakes for all around fun and long runtimes. Includes Novak’s Bash Boost for extreme, top-end power.
- Standard: Unleash the full power of the Diablo system. The standard mode provides full forward driving power including Bash Boost at full throttle for a boost of acceleration. Reverse is not limited and there are full brakes.
- Limited: This is an ideal training mode, or when you let a friend drive your truck for the first time.
OTHER COOL FEATURES
The Diablo is also equipped with Novak’s Smart-Stop Dual LiPo Cut-Off Circuitry. This form of LiPo battery protection allows you to operate your truck un-interrupted until the batteries die. The circuitry works so well, you may think you’ve driven your truck too long─ there is no abrupt cut off or throttle interruption when your voltage cut-off is reached. The Diablo ESC will simply decrease the power to the motor, bringing the vehicle to a gradual stop.
Another feature that is built-in to the Diablo ESC is a Launch Limit function. As many of these dual-pack trucks are big and heavy, they cause a huge drain on the battery packs. Even the best racing packs can have a hard time keeping up with the demands of these rigs. To minimize battery pack heating or damage, the Diablo’s Launch Limit restricts the trigger speed─ Novak's version of automatic self control! Mash the gas and hold on tight! Your rig will rip away with from you with shocking control and poise, keeping your hard-to-handle rig under control. If you’re already a throttle control expert, the Diablo’s Launch Limit can be disabled for un-adulterated wheel spinning good time!
The Diablo ESC wouldn’t be complete without Novak X-Drive. This hardware and firmware upgrade recently introduced in Novak’s Havoc Pro SC ESC is included for enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures. Once you have driven a rig using Novak’s X-Drive, you will never want to drive without it.
So if you’re looking for a power upgrade to your dual battery/brushed motor monster truck, or you’re getting out your classic E-Maxx for a refresher, check out Novak’s system that was designed for the high-voltage brushless basher world, the Diablo Dual Battery Brushless 550 System!
- Designed specifically for dual-battery pack vehicles such as the Traxxas? E-Maxx™
- Sensor-based system for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Plug-and-Play: Factory-wired with genuine Traxxas® battery plugs & gold-plated Bullet motor plugs
- 3 Throttle Modes: Default, Standard, and a Limited Mode (ideal for beginners)
- Novak-developed Bash Boost™ for an extra burst of power at full throttle
- Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- Novak’s Launch Limit™ to minimize battery pack heating and damage, and to maximize run time
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Novak's Smart Braking II™ enables users to "shift" from forward to reverse
- Water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Smart-Stop Dual LiPo Cut-Off Circuitry independently monitors both battery packs
- Robust 3-amp BEC for strong and fast steering response under any condition
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry to protect the Diablo ESC and motor from overheating
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Included cooling fan and factory-installed, cross-cut heat sink for cool operation
- On-board power capacitors—no external module
- User-replaceable input harness
- Rebuildable motor based on Novak’s proven Ballistic 550
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support and warranty (120 days)
- Designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe
DIABLO ESC SPECIFICATIONS:
Input Voltage: Dual 2S LiPo or Dual 6-cell NiMH
Size: 1.16” x 1.47” x 0.70” (29.5 x 37.3 x 17.8mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 1.29 oz. (36.6 g) [System Weight: 12.6 oz, 357g]
On-Resistance: 0.0004 ohms
Motor Compatibility: Diablo Sensored Brushless Motor only
BEC: 6 Volts / 3.0 Amps
Wire Size: 14G Silicone Wire with Traxxas battery and gold-plated Bullet motor plugs factory installed
Status LEDs: 5 (multi-colored)
DIABLO MOTOR SPECIFICATIONS:
Size: 550. 2.84”D x 1.41”L (72.1 x 35.8mm)
Weight: 10.1 oz. (286.3 g)
Shaft Diameter: 5mm
Magnet: One-piece, multi-pole Sintered Neodymium
This product was added to our catalog on April 10, 2012.