MRC is excited to release another breakthrough in N-Scale sound: the 1808 Dual-Mode, Diesel Sound Decoder for Kato’s SD80 and SD90/43MAC
Taking miniaturization and MRC’s industry leading technology to the limit, this DCC/DC sound decoder is 100% drop-in! The most simple, straight-forward, N-Scale installation imaginable….
Remove the loco body, lift out the factory circuit board and replace with the MRC sound decoder /speaker combo, put the body back on. No wiring needed.
The decoder is equipped with MRC’s world renowned Brilliance™ sound, miniaturized to a single drop-in decoder with included super-fidelity speaker, that’s virtually “plug ‘n play”. MRC’s true, live capture, full fidelity sound including diesel rumbles, actually recorded (railside) by MRC’s Sound Engineers from real diesel locomotive prime movers.
Just imagine… all 28 NMRA available functions, and naturally, MRC makes available (33) horns, eight-bells, brakes, air releases, pop valves, cooling fans, coupling sounds and more. Directional lighting is included too… to give “life” to your Kato N-Scale loco’s.
We haven’t forgotten power pack users! This MRC decoder is dual-mode so DC railroaders can get brilliantly synchronized diesel rumble sounds on their layout as well. And, DC power pack users can also enjoy the full capability of the 0001808 when coupled to MRC’s unique & exclusive BlackBox (#0001050) control unit.
- Four types of synchronized diesel prime mover sounds to choose from
- 0.75 amp capacity
- 34 different types of horns and 8 types of bells
- Programmable 2-digit or 4-digit addresses, individual sound volumes, start and top voltages, and acceleration and deceleration rates
- Supports full read back of CV’s
- Selectable factory default speed curve
- 3 headlight effects: Directional / rule 17 /off-dim-bright cycle
- Supports advanced consisting
- Compatible with NMRA DCC standards
- Complies with Part 15 of FCC regulations
- PCB size: 77mm x 9.7mm x 3.5mm
This product was added to our catalog on March 8, 2014