The Losi Rock Rey 1/10 4WD Electric Rock Racer Kit is most at home in rocky terrain - the rougher the better! The Rock Rey kit includes a host of option parts right in the box, so grab a handful of trigger and let her eat! Because its a kit, you have the freedom to accessorize and build the rig how you want it right out of the gate. With a revised roll cage that resembles full-scale rock racers, combined with revised front-end geometry, aluminum rear upper links and upper rod track mount, adjustable camber links and steering turnbuckles you get the durability and tuning options necessary for competitive rock racing.
- Build It Your Way: You call the shots and build the Rock Rey any way you want.
- 4WD Independent Front Suspension with Solid 4 Link Rear Axle: Scale looks and amazing performance over rough terrain.
- Option Parts Included: Kit includes aluminum rear upper links and upper rod track mount, as well as adjustable camber links and turnbuckles for steering. If you’re into U4 racing, you’ll love the diff locker for the center differential.
- Rear-Loading Battery Door: Quick battery changes-no body clips need to be removed whatsoever.
- Aluminum Chassis and Injection Molded Composite Roll Cage: These enhance the Rock Rey’s durability and scale appearance.
- LED Light Bar: Drive into the night with the 12 LED light bar, which is powered by the receiver.
- Metal Inserted Servo Horns: Three metal servo horn inserts support 23, 24 and 25 tooth spline servos so you can use any servo you want and provide excellent durability.
- 2.2" x 5.8" Maxxis Creepy Crawler LT Tires: These enhance the scale looks and provide aggressive tread for all-terrain applications.
- HD Metal Gear Transmission:The HD metal gear transmission provides a robust drivetrain.
- Headlight Receptors: The kit includes headlight receptors already in place-all you need to do is add your own LEDs.
- Preset Motor Plate: Different pinion choices offer precise and easy mesh settings.
- Build It Your Way
- 4WD Independent Front Suspension with Solid 4 Link Rear Axle
- Option Parts Included
- Rear-Loading Battery Door
- Aluminum Chassis and Injection Molded Composite Roll Cage
- LED Light Bar
- Metal Inserted Servo Horns
- 2.2" x 5.8" Maxxis Creepy Crawler LT Tires
- HD Metal Gear Transmission
- Headlight Receptors
- Preset Motor Plate
- Multiple piece polycarbonate body with detailed interior
- Oil-filled shocks
Type: Rock Racer Kit
Length: 20.75 in (527mm)
Width: 12.75 in (323.8mm)
Height: 8.75 in (222.3mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.2 in (55.9mm) at rear diff
Wheelbase: 15.0 in (381mm)
Weight: 6.55 lb (3.0kg)
Chassis: 3.5mm Plate, 6061-T6 Aluminum
Suspension: Independent Front/4-Link Rear
Drivetrain: 4wd (locked rear, gear diff front and rear)
Tire Type: Maxxis Creeper Crawler LT
Motor or Engine: 550 6-Pole 2800Kv Non-Sensored Brushless (Sold Separately)
Speed Control: (Sold Separately)
Radio: (Sold Separately)
Servos: (Sold Separately)
Batteries: 2S 5000mah LiPo with EC3™ Connectors (Sold Separately)
Charger: (Sold Separately)
Gear Pitch: 1.0 Module
Shock Type: Oil-Filled/Coil-Over Spring
Body: Screened, Polycarbonate
Ball Bearings: Yes
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: 10-15 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
- (1) Losi® Rock Rey™ Truck Kit
- (1) Clear Body
- (1) 30 Weight Shock oil
- (4) Wheels and Tires
- (1) 10T Pinion Gear
- (1) User Manual
Needed To Complete:
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
This product was added to our catalog on November 22, 2017
I loved my original Kyosho Outlaw Ultima, which is why I went with the SC10 when I first came back to RC, but a 4x4 has always been on my wishlist... enter the $250 Losi Rock Rey kit! The price alone to me was CRAZY, but the size (nearly 1/8 scale, Mod1 pitch gears) and aluminum hop-ups (rear link mount, front adj. camber/steering links/rods, metal servo horn inserts to avoid the RTR stripping problem), $40-$50 value thrown in vs the RTR plastic parts they replace, make this the best value i could find by a mile.
I loved the challenge in the build and very different capabilities and style. Yes, servicing can be a pain, so just make sure you're completely set with the internals i.e. steering servo alignment, ESC mount, receiver, etc, and you'll be able to reduce that. Then again, because I miffed a few things up-front and have had to take it apart, i've gotten the process down to about 12-14 screws, and don't need to remove the lexan body panels, just the cage.
Also - regarding any cornering issues (still better in the turns than the competition), be sure to tape your stock tires to lessen ballooning and tire roll. Also, i decided to use the alternative shock mounting holes yesterday, allowing the rear to squat a bit more, lowering the center of gravity a bit and really making a difference. If you plan to do some serious rock crawling, i'd move it back to the stock geometry, which is an easy adjustment.
Highly recommended, extremely versatile beast of a truck!
PS I went with the Castle Mamba Monster X ESC + 1406-2850KV Brushless/Sensored Crawler combo, and it just flies. tons of torque, great low-end crawling and top-end speed. Next installs will be Hot Racing's front sway bars and front shock tower brace. Speaking of the shocks, i know some balk at the plastic/nylon bodies and feel they don't provide ample dampening. Perhaps this will be the case with lower profile / sidewall tires, but for now, they seem to work very well with the stock tires.