Please Log in to receive a notification when this item arrives in stock.
The Losi Night Crawler SE is a great option for drivers that love scale crawling and night driving. It's built on the proven Losi Night Crawler heritage, but offers more lights and an Exoskeleton cage. The cage and body provide impressive scale details without compromising performance or durability. Additional front and rear rock lights will make it easier to see obstacles in your path and brighter LED light strips will further light the way. This crawler feels most at home on rocky terrain-the rougher, the better-and it doesn't shy away from mud or water, either.
Features at a Glance:
- Exoskeleton cage and body
- Driver insert
- Front and rear rock lights
- Waterproof electronics
- HD 21T worm drive
- Scale accessories
- Updated battery tray
- Large Rock Claw tires
- Interco TSL SX Swamper 1.9 Tires
- Front and rear solid axle
In Depth Features:
- Exoskeleton Cage and Body: The cage and body provide scale detail without compromising performance.
- Driver Insert: A driver insert enhances the scale appearance of the vehicle.
- Front and Rear Rock Lights: Additional rock lights light up the trail so you can drive into the night.
- Waterproof Electronics: Run in almost any conditions with waterproof electronics.
- HD 21T Worm Drive: Provides additional wheel speed to help you power over any obstacle.
- Scale Accessories: The scale accessories-including a pick, gas can, and shovel-add to this rock crawler's realistic looks.
- Large Battery Tray: The battery tray lowers the battery in the vehicle, providing additional space for the new interior while lowering the overall center of gravity.
- Interco TSL SX Swamper 1.9 Tires: The Interco TSL SX Swamper 1.9 tires offer a great balance between performance and looks.
- Dynamite 35T Motor: The 35T motor provides a great balance between torque and speed.
- Front and Rear Solid Axle: The front and rear solid axle features a worm gear drive that acts as a brake when no power is supplied.
- Dynamite 60A ESC: The included ESC features crawler-specific programming and accepts NiMH and LiPo batteries.
Length: 16.9 in (429.3mm)
Width: 9.2 in (233.7mm)
Height: 8.5 in (215.9mm)
Ground Clearance: 1.7 in (43.2mm)
Wheelbase: 12.3 in (312.4mm)
Weight: 3.75 lbs (1.7kg)
Chassis: Twin Vertical Plate
Tire Type: 1.9 in Super Swamper
Motor or Engine: 540 Brushed 35T
Speed Control: Included
Radio: STX2 2-Channel
Batteries: 7.2V NiMH or 7.4V LiPo Battery Pack with EC3 Connector (Sold Separately)
Charger: Sold Separately
Gear Pitch: 48
Wheel Size: 1.9 in Beadlock
Shock Type: Aluminum, Oil-Filled, Coil-Over Sping
Body: Exo Skeleton Rock Crawler
Ball Bearings: Full Ball Bearing Drivetrain
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No
- (1) Losi Night Crawler SE RTR
- (1) Spektrum™ STX2® 2CH 2.4GHz FHSS Transmitter (SPMSTX200)
- (1) Spektrum SRX200® 2CH 2.4GHz FHSS Receiver (SPMSRX200)
- (1) Spektrum 9KG 23T Waterproof Servo (SPMS605)
- (1) Dynamite® 60A FWD/REV Brushed ESC (DYNS2210)
- (1) Dynamite 35T 540 Brushed Motor (DYNS1216)
- (4) AA Batteries
- (1) User Manual
Needed To Complete:
- 7.2V NiMH or 7.4V LiPo Battery Pack with EC3 Connector
- Compatible Battery Charger
This product is expected to arrive on Tuesday, November 17 2020
Worm Drive Gearing. This feature guarantees a slow crawl with no back-rolling or loss of control on steep ascents or descents. It also keeps the speed slow and the torque even throughout acceleration
It crawls fantastically. The body geometry allows a 40 degree body-twist that is invaluable for crawling brick piles, going from log-to-log, making tight turns up steep, bumpy slopes,
Thankfully it came with factory bead-lock rims. This allowed me to weight them with lead solder right off the bat unlike my TRX-4 Bronco rims.
The factory Super Swampers are a decent crawling tire but give them time for break-in as they are a bit slippery for 10-12 hours when new.
Factory 35t motor is weak
While gearing up a tooth or two on pinion gear can help get the RPMs up for a bit of extra oomph, doing so smoked the motor in short order
The worm drive gears destroy brushed motors under 35t.
The factory ESC is super basic and does not offer any mode options. I run a hobby wing quiickset 80 amp which allows me to set important parameters such as freewheeling, forward force, and brake
Factory Trans/reciever are adequate but cheap.
It is only available in RTR form which sucks because I would upgrade my kids Redcats if I could get them without the crummy electronics
There are few aftermarket parts available which sucks I can see many ways to improve and accessorize this beast but nothing is available. You cannot even change the body type easily
I would give this 5 stars because I love it and it is my comp rock crawler but the bands are pretty annoying. For pure crawling it's great. I run a Holmes 54t brushed motor with 18t pinion. It is very slow and very competitive.