More speed, more power, extreme durability—the Losi LST 3XL-E
The LST platform has reached a new level. Hit the terrain at speeds of up to 50+ MPH* on 6S power. Whether you’re on dirt or pavement, this basher will not disappoint. You’ll have control at all times thanks to the AVC® system. And when it comes to taking abuse, the 3XL-E doesn’t flinch—this isn’t a monster truck that gets intimidated easily. Bottom line, if you loved the LST XXL-2 E, you will be obsessed with the 3XL-E.
*50+ mph speeds can be achieved with optional gearing.
- New Chassis and Side Rails: New low center of gravity molded chassis lowers the batteries to provide increased durability, stability and performance.
- LSD Center Differential: Unlike most monster trucks, the 3XL-E uses a center differential that ensures a proportional delivery of power to all parts of the vehicle, regardless of conditions. It lets the truck accelerate and stay balanced on any terrain.
- Updated Center Drive Shafts: A spring retaining coupler helps keep the drive pin in place.
- Large Scale Servo: The Spektrum S904 1/6 Scale WP Digital Servo is a larger, stronger servo for worry-free steering performance.
- New Servo Saver: The new adjustable servo saver is designed to work with large-scale servos.
- Flip Top Body Mount: Removable flip top body mount provides easy access for battery changes and maintenance.
- Speedometer Option: The Spektrum DX2E ACTIVE with telemetry lets you measure actual speed via an optional speedometer that plugs into the DX2E ACTIVE.
- Spektrum DX2E ACTIVE radio system with AVC: Reliable Spektrum radio and the security of Active Vehicle Control. Truck includes new SPMSRS6000 receiver with steering priority. You’ll never under steer when AVC is activated.
- Dynamite Electronics: The Dynamite Fuze 150A Brushless ESC and Fuze 1/8 Brushless 2200Kv Motor run on 4S or 6S power, providing speeds of up to 50+ MPH. New integrated motor cool fins provide cool temps for longer run times and enhanced performance.
- Waterproof Components: Run in wet conditions with waterproof components.
- Updated Shocks: Larger diameter shock shafts provide increased durability.
- Optional Wheelie Bar: Optional wheelie bar included in the box.
- New molded composite chassis with integrated side rails
- LSD center differential
- Large-scale servo
- New servo saver
- Flip top body mount
- Speedometer option
- Spektrum DX2E ACTIVE radio system with AVC
- Dynamite electronics
- Waterproof components
- Updated shocks
- New Tires and Wheels
- Optional wheelie bar
- Updated center drive shafts
- 2200Kv motor with integrated motor mount and cooling fins
Type: Monster Truck
Length: 23.0 in without wheelie bar (584.2mm)
Width: 18.5 in (469.9mm)
Height: 10.75 in (273.1mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.75 in (95.3mm)
Wheelbase: 15.9 in (403.9mm)
Weight: 15.5 lbs (7.0kg)
Chassis: Molded Composite, with 6061 T6 Aluminum Mid Chassis Plate
Tire Type: Off-Road Pin
Motor or Engine: Non-Sensored Brushless, 2200Kv Integrated Motor Mount
Speed Control: 150A Sensorless BL WP
Radio: DX2E ACTIVE
Servos: 18KG Waterproof 1/5th Scale
Batteries: 2 x 2S or 3S 50C+ LiPo battery with EC5 connector (Sold Separately)
Charger: Sold Separately
Gear Pitch: 1.0 Module
Wheel Size: 4.1 in (104.1) x 4.0 in (101.6mm)
Shock Type: Oil-Filled, Coil-Over Springs
Body: 3XL-E Truck, Flip Top Mount
Ball Bearings: Complete
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No
- (1) Losi LST 3XL-E
- (1) Spektrum™ DX2E ACTIVE™ 2.4GHz Transmitter with AVC
- (1) Spektrum 6-Channel DSMR® AVC Surface Receiver
- (1) Spektrum 18KG Waterproof 1/5th Scale Servo
- (1) Dynamite® Fuze™ 150A Sensorless Brushless Waterproof 3S-6S ESC
- (1) Dynamite Fuze 1/8 4P Brushless Motor 2200Kv
- (4) AA Batteries
- (1) User Manual
Needed To Complete:
- (2) 2S or 3S 50C+ LiPo battery with EC5 connector
- (1) LiPo battery charger with EC5 charge plug
This product was added to our catalog on November 2, 2017
POWER!! So much power. The stock electronics are more than sufficient. They are also highly reliable.
Suspension --- It's amazing. Soaks up every bump and jump I can throw at it. If you've ever owned a Losi LST truck before, you know what I mean.
Durability --- This truck is quite tough. I'm not a crazy basher, but I do drive my vehicles hard. The only part I've broken is an A-arm, which was entirely my fault after a bad landing off a jump. Otherwise, this truck is built like a tank. You shouldn't need to buy lots of spare parts unless you drive like an idiot.
Tires --- The stock tires are pretty decent for an RTR. They grip well and show minimal wear.
Looks --- Personally, I'm a fan of the way this truck looks. Pictures don't really do it justice. When you see it in person, you realize how big it is and how aggressive it looks.
Price $$$ --- At $550, this truck is very competitively priced, in the range of vehicles like the Revo 2.0 and the ARRMA Kraton.
Steering servo --- The stock servo feels a slight bit underpowered. Unfortunately it's also an unusual size of servo. At the time of writing, there aren't any upgraded servos on the market which will fit directly into this truck.
Chrome --- The blue chrome on the wheels tends to flake off. I don't really care, but some folks might.
Chassis design --- There is a hole in the chassis between the battery trays which allows dirt and small stones to fly up into the chassis. This can be annoying to clean after running. You can fix this by attaching a piece of Lexan over the hole.
So, would I recommend this truck? YES! I think the pros greatly outweigh the cons. And at the current price, it offers as much, if not more, than other similarly-priced vehicles.
This truck is big, tough, fast, powerful, and an absolute blast to drive! I'm planning on keeping it for a while.
gears out again
This truck is balanced, the suspension is amazing, and it is extremely fast. I picked it up to be an Xmaxx beater and it does it in spades. The Losi is easy to control at the limit, is extremely durable, and is a great racer. It is very easy to work on, and the stocks parts are predominantly high quality metal.
There is little to no aftermarket parts support. I was nervous about this at first but now that I am several packs in it's not that big a deal.
The body shell it tough as nails, but they don't sell a clear version and or 2nd color.
The radio included is pretty cheap, but it is a 550$ rtr.
After a couple monhts of bashing this truck and racing other 1/8 and maxx scale trucks I am very happy with the 3xle. It outperforms other trucks that are more expensive and it has proven to be tougher than the other Axial and Traxxas trucks I own.