When you want large scale electric power, choose the Losi 1/5 DBXL-E. This fearless basher offers speeds of 50+ mph* on 8S power. The DBXL-E is faster, cleaner and easier to use than its gas counterpart, the DBXL. And with the inclusion of an AVC system, you'll have control at all times, whether you're tearing up the terrain or flying across the pavement, wet or dry. Plus, its new centered drivetrain adds efficiency and durability, while the 800Kv motor will rocket you wherever you want to go. The DBXL-E is the definition of next-level awesomeness.
- Dynamite® 800Kv Brushless Power System: The DBXL-E comes equipped with a Dynamite Fuze 800Kv brushless motor and a 1/5 8S Fuze Brushless ESC. Together, they will allow you to slingshot across the terrain at speeds of 50+ mph* on 8S power.
- Flip Top Cage: The new flip top cage makes accessing batteries incredibly easy-all while maintaining the protection of a full roll cage.
- LED Light Bar: Run through the night with an LED light bar that adds realistic off-road looks and function. You now have the flexibility to drive day or night, whenever you want.
- Revised Shock Package: The new O-ring and shock guides provide this basher with an improved feel, enhanced performance and upgraded tunability.
- Waterproof Electronics: The receiver, servo and ESC are all waterproof so you can run anytime, rain or shine.
- Aluminum Center Differential: If the vehicle wasn't tough enough already, the Losi development team has upgraded the center differential to aluminum for added strength and durability-all to handle the large electric motor's enormous power.
- The Full-Throttle Freedom of AVC Technology: When you're ready to let the brushless motor off the chain, don't hold back. The receiver's built-in AVC (Active Vehicle Control) system will work behind the scenes, making hundreds of tiny throttle and steering adjustments per second, so more of the motor's power is translated into ballistic speed and acceleration instead of just flying dirt. An AVC adjustment knob on the included DX2E transmitter lets you adjust how much traction control the system provides. You can even turn it off.
- Chassis Brace Plate: A new brace plate adds rigidity and stability to the chassis, giving the vehicle increased strength and durability so you can take on obstacles, jumps and pretty much anything in your path.
- MAXXIS Creepy Crawler Tire: Genuine MAXXIS creepy crawler tread pattern tires provide added traction and offer extra control so you can stop, turn and swerve like a pro.
*Optional 14T pinion, 84T Spur and 8S HV LiPo battery required to achieve 50+ MPH.
- No-hassle 1/5 scale electric
- Flip top cage
- LED light bar
- Dynamite 800Kv brushless power system
- Spektrum AVC technology
- Revised shock package
- New wing and wing mount
- New wing and wing mount
- Waterproof electronics
- Chassis brace plate
- Aluminum center differential
- Updated body panels and driver interior
- New molded foam insert
- MAXXIS Creepy Crawler tires
- Includes Spektrum DX2E transmitter with AVC adjustment
Type: 4WD Buggy
Length: 33.25 in (844mm)
Width: 19.75 in (501mm)
Height: 12.12 in (308mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.75 in (69mm)
Wheelbase: 21.75 in (552mm)
Weight: 27.5 lbs w/o batteries (12.5 kg), 30.5 lbs w/batteries (13.8kg)
Chassis: 4mm Plate, 6061-T6 Aluminum
Tire Type: Maxxis Creepy Crawler
Motor or Engine: Non-Sensored Brushless, 57 x 114mm
Speed Control: Dynamite Fuze 160A
Radio: Spektrum DX2E 2-Channel with AVC
Batteries: 14.8V 5000mAh 50C 4s LiPo Recommended x2 (Not Included)
Charger: Not Included
Gear Pitch: 1.5 Mod
Shock Type: Aluminum, Oil-Filled, Coil-Over Spring
Body: Screened Desert Buggy
Ball Bearings: Full Ball Bearing Drivetrain
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No
Is Assembly Required: No
- (1) Losi 1/5 Desert Buggy XL-E 4WD RTR
- (1) Spektrum™ DX2E 2.4GHz Transmitter
- (1) Spektrum SRS4220 4-Channel DSMR® AVC Surface Receiver
- (1) Dynamite 1/5th BL Motor 800Kv
- (1) Dynamite Fuze 160A BL WP 1/5th ESC
- (1) Losi S9020 1/5 Scale Digital HV Surface Servo
- (4) AA Batteries
- (1) Bind Plug
- (1) Tool Set
- (1) User Manual
Needed To Complete:
- (2) 11.1V 3S ~5000mAh or 14.8V 4S ~5000mAh LiPo Battery w/EC5 connector
- Compatible Battery Charger w/EC5 connector
This product was added to our catalog on June 8, 2017
P.s Losi team is a very respected company, we expect it to be of real American quality! And the Chinese can learn to cook tea.
I also love that's it seems to be built like a tank also. It's so solid and well built. Watch all the different YouTube videos out there that go through everything and you'll see how well built this buggy is. Losi did a great job on this one.
The only thing I didn't like is the crappy RTR Spektrum radio. It does the job but since I love my Futaba 4PX I swapped it. I also added a switch to control the 3rd channel and now I can turn the light bar on and off with my radio.
I know it's pricy but it's so worth worth it!
With that said, the DBXLE is a good buggy and I have enjoyed it a lot.
My really only complaint is, for amount of money you pay for it there should have been a much better radio installed in this buggy from Horizon Hobby, Shame on you for going so cheap HH.
I pulled the radio out and gave it away on the day I received it.