Based on the world-class RB 6.6, this Readyset can be up and running almost straight out of the box!
The ULTIMA series competes at the highest level in major 2WD racing buggy races around the world. Continually evolving to be at the forefront of racing trends, the ULTIMA RB 6.6 is the most advanced competition model in the series to date and forms the base for this Readyset version. While the kit version of the RB 6.6 features four transmission setups (rear motor, 3 gear midship, 4 gear midship, low-down midship), the Readyset version represents a great value and includes the 4 gear midship transmission with its more controllable feeling.
As the basic configuration of the chassis and components are the same as in the kit version, the same wide setting options allow the chassis to be competitive on the race track straight out of the box. The all-important power train is equipped with the newly developed G15 brush motor that delivers even greater power characteristics than the sensorless brushless motor included in the ULTIMA RB6 Readyset (KYO30858) that was released in January 2014.
As the Readyset includes nearly all items needed, simply charge your own battery for the chassis and add batteries into the transmitter to be race-ready! With the versatility of a racing buggy, the ULTIMA RB6.6 makes an ideal first R/C car that can be run just for fun as well as competing at the racing circuit.
- This Readyset version is based on the ULTIMA RB6.6 (KYO34302) released in July 2016 and features the 4 gear midship transmission.
- 15-turn G15 brush motor generates effective power output.
- Includes Syncro KT-231P+ transmitter with easy setting features.
- Slipper clutch is included as standard to protect the drive train and increase traction and stability.
- Includes ULTIMA RB6.6 body with high-visibility printed decals applied.
- Compatible with standard ULTIMA RB6.6 parts as well as a huge lineup of optional parts that allows you to improve your machine according to your skill level and budget.
Tread (F/R): F: 221mm/R: 201mm
Weight: 1,700g (approx.)
Motor: Brushed 15 turn
Tires (F/R): f84×28mm / f86×43mm
Gear Ratio: 8.23:1
R/C System: Syncro KT-231P+
- Assembled chassis (components mounted and pre-adjusted)
- Body with printed decals applied
- KT-231P+ transmitter
- Hex wrench (1.5mm. 2.0mm, 2.5mm)
- Cross wrench (for wheel nuts)
Needed To Complete:
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
- (1) 7.2V 6-Cell NiMH Battery or 7.4V 2S LiPo Battery
- Compatible Battery Charger
This product was added to our catalog on September 11, 2017
I haven't been able to drive it enough to properly assess it. The only thing that was obvious from the beginning was that the tyres aren't great for low traction. Actually at a guess I doubt they would be much good anywhere. Dissapointing but solvable.
The real issue are the shocks. The shocks come undone the first time you drive it. Then they continue to come undone.... every time you drive it. You wont get more than 3 or 4 minutes into a run before the left hand side shocks (usually the rear but sometimes the front as well) undo the cap from the body. This leads to a shock rebuild.
My son doesn't want to drive anymore because of it and I've had to buy another car as a replacement. Car sits on a shelf as a reminder of the mistake I made.
After all the great things I heard about Kyosho this was a real let down. I get RTR is compromised but.... it should look at least work.