This is a Kyosho MR-03 Mini-Z RWD ReadySet with a Corvette ZR1 Body and 2.4GHz Radio. With just eight AAA-size batteries, the MINI-Z Racer allows anyone to enjoy the action and advanced performance of R/C cars. First launched in 2013, Kyosho has renewed the MINI-Z Racer Sports MR-03 concept to be even more user-friendly and appealing to more drivers with the MINI-Z RWD series. Widely popular body styles in highly detailed body sets create the incredibly realistic model lineup.
Including the latest Syncro KT-531P transmitter with steering trim, throttle trim, dual rate, LED control function, the sponge grip of the steering wheel provides comfortable fit for precision control feel. The set also includes a car body finished to display-model standard that matches stunning style with the performance, reliability and durability of the MR-03 chassis. The control program on the circuit board provides linear handling characteristics and can be further enhanced for even easier control by installing the optional gyro unit (KYOMZW431). This series represents the perfect package for a deep dive into the amazing world of R/C cars!
- Redesigned series includes the newly developed Syncro KT-531P transmitter with multiple setting options.
- Updated circuit board with newly developed control program realizes dramatically improved steering feel.
- Highly detailed display-standard body is fully factory finished.
- Full ball bearing specifications include 7 bearings, previously an optional upgrade.
- Compatible with all MINI-Z Racer body styles. **Motor case and diff gear assembly to suit body are required to be purchased separately.
- Front suspension incorporates VCS that optimizes camber angle with suspension stroke.
- Compatible with optional gyro unit (MZW431). Volume of gyro effect can be adjusted on the chassis. (**Settings can be adjusted from the transmitter if using KT-432PT transmitter (sold separately)
- Factory assembled chassis
- Pre-painted plastic body, complete with markings
- Perfex KT-531P 2.4 GHz transmitter
- Front track width adjustment partsPinion gears 6T, 7T, 8T, 9T and tool
- Spare wheel nuts and wrench
- Mini pylons
- AAA-size alkaline batteries (4) or Ni-MH batteries (4) for chassis.
- AAA-size alkaline batteries (4) for transmitter
This product was added to our catalog on November 26, 2019
A review from a first time buyer.
If you're a first time RC buyer, this is the kit you need. It's ready to use all you need is 8 AAA batteries (4 for the remote and 4 for the car itself (I personally recommend eneloop pros)) and you're set. The remote control is set to training mode which lowers the top speed, but you could easily turn this off using the provided manual. I highly recommend you read the manual as there's a ton of good information that's inside in regards to car maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting.
The Corvette ZR1 body is well made and finely detailed. This particular colour is Metallic Grey which looks wonderful with the black accents and grey tiny windows. The pre-installed LED's give a nice touch to this car and provides sufficient lighting for night driving. The rear spoiler is well set, but I've seen some people suggest hot glueing/super glueing it for reinforcement. I don't see it as necessary however you are more then welcome to do so as long as you're careful.
The powerhouse of this car is the Kyosho MR-03, and so far I've been quite pleased with it. The turning radius is quite wide and the steering is quick however it can be a bit sensitive at times. Due to this the car tends to oversteer at times (results may vary upon preferences/experience). If you're buying this to play around with then you could keep it as is, however if you're interested in racing this or want tighter controls I highly recommend the Kyosho Gyro Module. It cuts back on oversteer and provides steering assistance, but a draw back is that the turning radius is lowered (this draw back could be remedied by calibrating the car to your liking).
All in all this is a car I would highly recommend for people wanting to dip their toes into RC cars. The finely detailed body and the well made chassis and "engine" is superb and will last for some time. I do not regret my purchase at all and am glad I chose this as my first pro RC car.