Kyosho Macchi M33 EP/GP30 Seaplane ARF
This is the Kyosho Macchi M33 EP/GP30 Almost Ready to Fly Seaplane. The dramatic era of seaplane racing at the dawn of the airplane age was symbolized in the chase for the Schneider Cup and is talked about even to this day. At that time seaplanes were faster than land-based aircraft and Italyís Macchi was one of the top guns. Amongst these aircraft, the M33 flying boat competed on equal terms against more advanced seaplanes with suspended floats. The historically significant M33 captured the hearts of seaplane fans and has been faithfully recreated in 1/8.5 scale with high precision FRP fuselage and balsa main wing. With the tricolor tail to represent its Italian heritage, this model has been revived as a 30-class model. The design is compatible with both electric (EP) and gas engine (GP) power sources! While faithful to the original, this model has also been optimized to deliver stable flight performance with the unique high position of the power source. Almost fully factory assembled, only a short time is required for completion so you can enjoy the nostalgia and majestic form of this realistic recreation of the Macchi seaplane as its graces the skies once more
- Almost Ready To Fly Kit: This factory assembled ARF kit can be completed in a short time, giving you air time in no time.
- 2 Cycle: Included are motor mounts compatible with a 2-Cycle 35-36 size engine, this gives you nimble maneuverability.
- Brushless Compatible: 400 / 500w class blushless motor can be installed with minor modification, compatible with most out-runner motors.
- Easy Access: The radio compartment can be easily accessed through the nose hatch, giving you super easy access to your battery for quick on the field changes.
- Compact: The main wing halves are joined with a carbon pin that allows for easy storage and transportation.
- Water Contact: While true to the original design, the water contact area of the R/C modelís hull has been modified for an improved take off performance.
- EP & GP: The Macchi was designed to be compatible with both nitro powered engines and electric brushless motors.
- Oracover Film: The lightweight balsa main wing and horizontal tail wing are expertly covered with high quality ORACOVER film.
- Flaperon: Independent left and right ailerons give you the possibility of Flaperon movement with an RC system capable of a mixing function.
- Taxing: Equipped with a submersible rudder that provides easy taxing control in the water.
Length: 1,125mm (50in)
Width: 1,300mm (57.4in)
Weight: 2,050g (EP) / 2,000g (GP) approx
Motor: 400-500w Class Brushless Motor *not included
Engine: 2 Cycle 35-36 Class *not included
Battery: 11.1V 3200-3600mAh Li-Po *not included
Wing Area: 29.6dm2
Wing Load: 67.6-69.3g/dm2
Wing Type: Similar to Original Clark Y
Propeller: D10xP6: D11xP7 *sold separately
Fuel Tank: 190cc
ARF Kit Includes:
- EP/GP Engine Mount
- Fuel Tank
- Brushless Motor Extension Cable
- Linkage Parts
- 4 channel airplane radio system & 4 servos
- 400-500W Class Out-runner type brushless motor
- 11.1V 3200: 3600mAh Li-Po
- ESC For Brushless Motor 45amp minimum
- 5 Channel airplane radio system & 5 servos
- 2-Cycle 35-36 Nitro Engine
- Fuel & Starting Tools
- Receiver Battery
- Battery Charger
- D10 x P6: D11 x P7 Propeller
- 52mm Spinner
- Battery Connectors
- 200mm (7.8in) Y extension cable for aileron (x 6 electric; x 8 fuel)
- Specified battery for transmitter
This product was added to our catalog on May 29, 2012.