Kyosho Hang On Racer Honda NSR500 Electric 1/8 Motorcycle Kit
Kyosho Hang On Racer models are the only electric R/C bike with a rider figure than leans through corners!
The Kyosho Hang on Racer is still as popular as ever. The S.D.S.S (semi direct steering system) delivers high performance fully independent motion with the rider figure incorporating 13 different articulating joints so it hangs on to the bike as it leans into corners. The result is driving performance just like a real motorcycle that is easy enough for anyone to control.
Each section of the bike is designed with an incredible level of scale detail. From the body cowl, inverted front fork suspension, brake disk & calipers, wheels, drive chain, sprocket and asymmetrical swing arm - this is an RC model that is packed full of realism that makes it worthy of display. However, as only a few parts are used in construction, even beginners can enjoy the satisfaction of the assembly that only takes a short time to complete. Dive deep into the fascinating realm of R/C electric motorcycles like never before and discover the pure enjoyment of building, displaying and driving your own Hanging On Racer.
- Recreation of the Honda NSR500 that competed in the 1991 Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix (WGP) 500cc class
- Features chain drive system incorporating sprocket and mini chain, similar to a real motorbike.
- Includes Le Mans DM20 motor with moderate power and easy control characteristics.
- Unique S.D.S.S enables full bank cornering.
- Twin tube style mainframe optimizes space utilization with air-cooling.
- Inverted front fork suspension.
- Rear suspension uses asymmetrical swing arm with mono-shock friction damper.
Tire (F/R): 78×18mm/86×23mm
Gear Ratio: 13.80:1-19.30:1
Weight: 750g (approx.)
Motor: Le Mans DM20
- Unassembled chassis kit
- Pinion gear (10T, 12T, 14T)
- Cross wrench
- Pinion gear tool
- 2 channel R/C system
- Battery for model (7.2V-1600mAh Ni-MH recommended)
- (1) servo (L32 x W16 x H31.5 max.)
- (1) ESC (L34×W24×H14mm max.)
- Batteries for transmitter
- Battery charger
- Charger Adapter
- Paint and paintbrush
This product was added to our catalog on September 5, 2017.
Another word of advice…Do NOT go with the 2/3 size 7.2v 1600mah nimh battery recommended by some places. Trust me, it will lead to so much frustration that you will want to throw it away. Yes, the battery tray IS large enough however you have absolutely NO room to route the thick, bulky battery wires. The lower fairing will NOT attach if there are ANY wires protruding outside the tray area. Instead, go with something much smaller like a 600-1000mah 2s lipo and use smaller gauge wires with mini (molex) connectors. The motor is tiny and doesn’t require high capacity batteries, you should still be able to get around 10-15 minutes of run time with a 600-1000mah lipo. If you use a lipo battery, you will most likely need to add some weight to the tray (lead clips work great) This is because the model relies on the heavier weight nimh to give it a lower CG…it’s not a problem with some stick-on lead weights though.)