The Kyosho FW06 GP Subaru Imreza WRC ReadySet 1/10 Nitro Touring Car offers user-friendly with mild control response, making the FW-06 a great introduction to GP touring cars. 2-speed automatic transmission combines with the high-power KE15SP engine to make full use of the power band and maximize performance from KYOSHO's proven shaft-driven 4WD chassis. With the same rear suspension as the World Champion V-ONE RRR with setting options and maintenance-friendly features only available on the latest racing machines, the FW-06 chassis also meets the demands of expert-level drivers. All this performance is packed into a fully-assembled Readyset.
Equipped with the 2.4GHz Syncro KT-231P+ transmitter, finding an open frequency is a problem of the past. In addition to the dual-rate function, the KT-231P+ also features a failsafe function that automatically reduces the throttle if radio signal is interrupted *check setting before first run*. Simply switch the power on and you can be on the track and clocking race-winning times straight away.
- Equipped with KE15SP engine with slide carburetor fitted with slow idle adjustment.
- Universal swing shafts included on front.
- Turnbuckle tie-rods used for steering rod and rear upper arms for adjustable alignment.
- KYOSHO's proven center-shaft drive 4WD provides light control response.
- Disk brakes deliver reliable and responsive braking control.
- Unique compact recoil starter starts the engine with a few pulls of the starter cord.
- Equipped with a total of 22 ball bearings for highly-efficient, full-bearing specification.
- Fitted with tuned muffler.
- High-grip rubber tires with inner sponge supports are pre-mounted.
- Compatible with many FW-05 parts. *Not compatible with some parts*.
- Fully-assembled chassis complete with pre-set control linkages
- Installed KE15SP engine with recoil starter
- Special manifold and tuned muffler
- Finished pre-cut, pre-painted body
- Syncro KT-231P+ transmitter
- (8) AA batteries for radio system
- Fuel bottle
- Plug heater
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019
However, my model seemed assembled a little too urgently, using too much loctite, some loose parts, and some screws overtightened.
For example, every nitro motor I get I open up when its new, to make sure its clean and lubricated. One of the engine mount screws on the bottom of the chassis actually sheared the whole head off when I went to unscrew it, without stripping the head, even after applying a bit of heat to melt the loctite. These screws in particular were way too tight and had too much loctite on them, making their removal impossible without damage. I need to get a new engine mount set before I've even driven it.
Had some loose screws here and there, but nothing you would miss doing an inspection of a new RTR. Radio is really nice, and the body shells looks great! My buddy has the NSX, and it drives well, so I will say the driving characteristics are great.
Good high quality designing from Kyosho, and good quality parts, but the assembly could be a little better. Would have loved this as a kit.
**update 10 months in**
It has been nothing but fun. Threw on some Xceed foam tires, run it on 30% nitro, and some high end servos, and it drives amazingly well. Totally dominates the parking lot races, engine runs great, and handling is quite good. I have gone through my first piston/sleeve after about 3 gallons of HARD driving on 30%, never burned or overheated, insides were a nice gold from the heat. Great engine, new piston and sleeve coming as of the time of writing. Also got a few parts and upgrades along the way, but not many, since the kit is already so great as it is. Pretty tough too, I've had multiple rollovers and launches with barely any broken parts.
Can't recommend this model enough for someone who enjoys parking lot racing, wants to get into any kind of touring scene, or who enjoys race bashing.