Kyosho EP Jet Mirage DF45 Ducted Fan Jet (Red) (520mm)
This is the Kyosho EP Jet Mirage DF45 Ducted Fan Jet. Setting new standards in micro ducted fans jets, the DF45 series features a specially designed ducted fan unit built around a brushless motor, minimizing weight and maximizing thrust. This delivers a nearly a 1-to-1 thrust to weight ratio!
The motor produces approximately 50,000 rpm in bench tests, and more in the air - these things scream like a turbine engine. The hand-laid fiberglass fuselage construction uses balsa and ply construction in the wings and control surfaces to keep it ultra-light and rigid. The fuselage is also hand painted for a stunning finish. Large air intakes feed the powerful fan unit with air. As an ARF kit, much of the airframe assembly is already complete. Minor final assembly and installation of the electronics are all thats required to get flying.
The Mirage version of the DF45 features a delta wing, much like that of the full size Mirage fighter jet. The delta wing improves the glide ratio and increases the stability, so this bullet is a little easier to control. This unique wing configuration features elevons, which are combined elevators and ailerons. The delta wing also benefits from winglets, which reduce stall and increase lift. Finally, canards are installed near the cockpit to increase stability.
- Brushless motor and fan combine in a one-piece high-efficiency fan unit
- Lightweight hand-laid fiberglass fuselage.
- High quality balsa/ply wings and control surfaces.
- Included winglets increase lift and reduce stall.
- ARF kit only requires minor assembly and electronics installation to complete.
- The motor produces approximately 50,000 rpm in bench tests, and more in the air - these things scream like a turbine engine.
- Canopy can be easily opened with removal of some screws for easy battery changes. Servos and linkage are also easy to maintain.
- Potent micro-size ducted fan unit is built into the tail wing. Ideal shape and surface of air intake allows large amounts of thrust, even at high angles of attack.
- Trailing edge of the main wing equipped with control surfaces (elevon). Mixing effect from transmitter control inputs produces both elevator and aileron function.
- Factory assembled FRP fuselage boasts lightweight with high strength and rigidity. Also equipped with canard (front wing) for stable flight control characteristics.
Weight: 340g approx
Wing Area: 9.5dm2
Wing Load: 35.8g/dm2
Thrust: 270g approx. (with 11.1v Li-Po battery / fan only)
- Ducted fan unit (one-piece brushless motor and fan unit)
- Ready for assembly fiberglass fuselage
- Linkage parts
Needed to Complete:
- R/C System - 4-channel, 2-micro servo (with elevon mixing function) R/C system for airplanes.
- 11.1V 800-910mAh Lithium Polymer Battery and charger
This product was added to our catalog on January 29, 2015.