KDE Direct 550 Universal Tail Boom Case Support
This is an optional KDE Direct 550 Universal Tail Boom Case Support. This is compatible with the Align T-Rex 550, 600, and 600N series helicopters. The KDE Universal Tail Boom Case Support provides the ultimate solution to prevent the front-torque tube stripping and vibration-related issues that is common with the T-Rex 550 and 600 series helicopters. The kit includes all the components needed to produce a fully-adjustable gear mesh between the autorotation gear and torque tube gears, giving the pilot the ability to adjust for full-gear strength, while allowing compatibility between both MOD 0.6 (4.5 ratio) and MOD 0.8 (3.85 ratio) gearing to suit their flying style.
Dual Aluminum 6061-T6 case supports deliver improved stiffness and a solid-hold to the carbon frames for the Tail Boom Case, preventing any shifting of the mechanics during flight for ultimate strength and smoothness of the tail gear train. Additionally, shims are provided for further adjustment of the bevel gears, further improving the strength and accuracy of the gear train.
Weight: 8 g ea. (design is FEA optimized for maximum strength and minimum weight)
- (1) TREX 550/600 Series Aluminum Universal Tail Boom Case Support - Left Frame
- (1) TREX 550/600 Series Aluminum Universal Tail Boom Case Support - Right Frame
- (2) 12 x 15 x 0.25 mm Round Hole Shims (Stainless Steel 303)
- (1) 5/32" (4 mm) Jobber Drill Bit (High-Speed Tool Steel)
- (4) M3 x 0.5 x 10 mm Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
This product was added to our catalog on October 21, 2013.