KDE Direct 500 Series Performance Boom Support Assembly
This is an optional KDE Direct 500 Series Performance Boom Support Assembly, and is intended for use with an Align T-REX 500 series helicopter kits. This Performance Boom Support Assembly encompasses a series of specialized design features targeted at preventing the problematic loosening and resultant failure (telescoping) of the critical Tail Boom Supports. Due to the caustic and high‐frequency vibrational environment of the RC helicopter, these upgrades are a necessary enhancement to maintain the structural integrity and performance of the helicopter tail mechanics and control.
- Vibration-Resistant Construction: The assembly utilizes multiple design aspects to provide the strongest and highest vibration‐resistance capability, including these critical attributes:
- Aerospace‐grade epoxy bond between all critical components; providing a highshock resistant and ultra‐strength joint (Hysol® E‐120HP).
- Internally‐threaded set‐screw in the Aluminum Boom Support Ends provide a 360° surface bond to the carbon‐rod interior for extreme strength.
- Socket head cap screw and permanent thread and/or locknut retainer threaded perpendicular to the carbon‐rod axis for further protection against loosening
- Aluminum 6061-T6 Boom Support Ends: Design incorporates precision CNC‐milled support ends; providing a vibration‐resistant and secure hold to the boom and frames, without worry of failure or cracking due to extended use and repetitive cyclic loading.
- Finish: Clear anodize, mirror-polish CNC gloss
Weight: 10g each (design is FEA optimized for maximum strength and minimum weight)
- (2) KDE Direct 500 Series Performance Boom Support Assemblies
- (4) KDE Direct M2.5, 500 Series Aluminum Performance Boom Support Rod Ends
- (2) KDE Direct 500 Series UTS Carbon-Fiber Matrix Tubes 0.188" O.D., 0.116" I.D.
- All hardware is pre-installed and permanently bonded, no additional hardware is included.
This product was added to our catalog on June 26, 2012.