JQ Products "THE Updated Car" 1/8 Competition PRO Buggy Kit
Recently JQ Products' Random Decisions department has been hard at work, finalizing THE Update. Their goal was not just to make another car, or an average racing machine. JQ Products wants to make THE Car, THE Best 1/8th Scale Buggy out there. This update includes all the running changes that have been made during the year, along with new plastics, that have been designed to be more durable.
- Narrow Layout: THE Car features one of the narrowest chassis ever seen on a 1/8 buggy. A narrow car is more nimble and fast compared to a wider one.
- Central Engine Placement: The key to building a narrow car.
- Revolutionary Adjustable Weight Distribution: Engine and Center Differential move 8mm forwards or back. The most useful tuning aid that can be changed based on track and driving style. Directly affects lap times in a big way.
- Laydown Brake System: In order to make the weight distribution change easily, and make removal of the center differential easy, the lay down brake design was the way to go.
- Simple Throttle/Brake Linkage: The simplest design on the market, because simple is always better.
- Left/Right Weight Balance: Optimized left to right balance, because we turn both ways on our tracks.
- Lightweight: Out of the box, THE Car weighs about 3240g. Because no matter what anyone says, a lighter car is faster, wears less, consumes less fuel and is easier on tires.
- Servo Saver: THE Car features a "fail safe" servo saver that does not require thread lock. It will not work loose.
- Radio Tray: The first un-complicated radio tray. The design allows for fast and easy servo changes, while leaving the tray in the car. Everything on the tray can be changed with the tray installed, and linkage intact.
- Rear End Geometry: Distinctive rear end geometry design allows for great on power traction, acceleration and corner speed.
- Rear Roll Center: New style roll-center adjustments on the rear.
- EU/US Compatibility: Designed for European and American tracks and drivers. Designed to perform well on Euro style tracks and driving styles, where maximum corner speed is required, as well as US style tracks with big jumps and rough surfaces.
- Shocks: 14.5mm threaded, hard-anodized shocks with 3.5mm shock shafts. Because bigger isn’t better, better is better! A variety of shock sizes were tested, and these were found to be the best for THE Car.
- Shock Towers: THE Car is equipped with 5mm CNC aluminum Shock Towers as standard equipment and features the JQ Products trademark branding.
- Arm Holders/Suspension Blocks: Hard Anodized CNC aluminum Arm Holders are included as standard equipment. They use inserts to tune the toe-in, anti-squat and kick-up.
- Steering: Optimized steering geometry allows for maximum, yet linear steering, as well as reduced bump-steer. Steering = Corner speed = Fast Lap times = Wins. It’s all about steering.
- Chassis Braces: THE Car uses molded composite front and rear chassis braces.
- Clutch: THE Car includes a 3-shoe clutch system, with aluminum clutch shoes.
- Chassis: THE Car includes a lightened aluminum 4mm hard-anodized chassis with ballast locations as standard equipment. Because THE Car is underweight when lightweight options are installed.
- Steering Knuckles: CNC aluminum Steering Knuckles are included as standard equipment. Plastic or cast pot metal knuckles are for RTR's, even if they don’t break.
- Fuel Tank: THE Car uses a clunk style fuel tank because we all crash, and it feeds fuel to the engine while upside down.
Vehicle: 1:8 Nitro 4WD
Internal Gear Ratio: 3.90:1
*THE Note: Weight measured with OS Speed, 2060 pipe, ProLine Rims, closed cell foam, Holeshot tires, LRP 1600 LiFe Receiver Pack.
Items Needed for Completion:
- .21 Nitro Engine
- Tuned Exhaust System
- 2 Channel Radio System and 8 AA Batteries
- High Torque Steering & Brake Servos (2)
- Receiver Battery
- Tires, Wheels & Tire Glue
- Silicone Shock Fluid
- Silicone Differential Fluid
- Glow Driver
- Starter Box & Batteries
- Nitro Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Paint for Polycarbonate Body
- Charger for Receiver Pack & Starter Box Batteries
This product was added to our catalog on December 2, 2011.