The JConcepts 1968 Pontiac Firebird 2 Street Eliminator Drag Racing Body offers the same bold looks of "The Machine" Pontiac Firebird body from JConcepts but with some additional improvements. On the Firebird 2 there is added clearance in the front hooded area to allow a lower-profile stance helping to lower the center of gravity. Also additional tire clearance was made with a more uniform panel for less disturbance. A modest hood-scoop flows through the centerline of the body and over the crowned hood, making a perfect area for sponsor decals or your favorite artwork. With iconic low V-nose, built-in front splitter and crowned hood line it is easy to see how this body has become a track favorite.
The Firebird 2 has also seen further refinements offering additional performance benefits. Using a wider rear-end gives more clearance for an assortment of tire combinations or wider track width vehicles. Next, the long roofline was extended to the trunk section blending into a built-in gurney type wing adding downforce even without the need to add additional wings or aerodynamic devices. Lastly the Firebird 2 has been on a weight loss plan. Shaving approximately 3% of the weight due to an updated light weight material giving the advantage at the starting line.
- Painted body shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only and is not included. The body you will receive is clear and unpainted.
- Traxxas Drag Slash will require TRA3619 and TRA2579
- Officially licensed by GM to JConcepts
- Revised FB2 styling, more clearance, deeper draw, light-weight materials
- Body measures 11.00" in width and 13" wheelbase
- Fits a variety of platforms including DR10, DR10M, Losi 22S, Drag Slash, GFRP, and R1 custom chassis
- Scale inspired body, cab, and window design
- 1:1 headlight and grill treatment
- Clear heavy-duty polycarbonate with protective film
- Window masks and detailed Pontiac Firebird / JConcepts decal sheet
- (1) Clear 1/10 1968 Pontiac Firebird Street Eliminator Drag body
- (1) Window mask sheet
- (1) Decal sheet
This product was added to our catalog on June 17, 2022