The EOS Sentry3 is a quick, clever and convenient tool for analyzing your LiPo batteries. The Sentry3 shows at a glance the remaining capacity in your battery pack, cell balance, cell voltages and gap. Stand-alone Balance and Store Modes at industry-leading discharge performance. Sentry3 provides the information and tools you need to maintain top performance and reliability from your batteries, and to avoid costly mistakes.
Overall this is a small and light-weight unit, perfectly suited to checking your battery packs on-the-move and then double-checking prior to flying your model – the latter being something we all do before flying. The Sentry3 is probably one of the most useful devices available for radio controlled electric model flyers!
- Supports 2S ~ 8S Lipo Battery
- Compatible with HvLi LiPo, Standard LiPo, LiFe and NiCd/NiMh
- Displays the total battery pack voltage with a percentage bar graph for estimated remaining capacity *
- View screens for Minimum and Maximum cell voltages, and max cell Gap
- Store Mode allows you to discharge your battery to 3.8V (Discharge rate is a powerful 150mah,This mode does NOT support LiFe battery)
- Balance Mode tunes your pack for performance automatically
- 5 ~ 25V auxiliary input voltage check port using JST 2-pin connectors on pack side
- Large clear display and easy-to-use menu
- Powers from the the battery pack you connect for testing. No extra batteries needed.
* Estimated remaining capacity percentage is only a guide so pleased judge by remaining voltage.
Store Mode: Allows you to discharge your HvLi, LiPo to 3.8V for storage. Discharge rate for Store mode is 150mah and will cutoff to 3.8V.
NOTE: Display screen turns off when store mode ends. Please disconnect the Battery when finished the Store mode. This mode does NOT support LiFe
Balance Mode: Will automatically discharge the individual lithium-based cells such that they are closely balanced, if balance can be obtained while all cells remain at or above 3.8V.
NOTE: Please disconnect the battery when the voltage of each cells reach almost same.
This battery checker is compatible with JST-XH balance adapter when you use directly otherwise require each type of balance board adapter.
In order to use Sentry 3 with the legacy Hyperion G3 packs with Hyperion-style balance connector, connect the battery Sentry 3 via HP-EOSLBA-26CBL cable + HP-EOSLBA-26HP-B multi-adapter board or HP-EOSLBA-7UCBL cable + HP-EOSLBA-7U-B multi-adapter board. These cable & adapter sets are included with Hyperion 6S and 7S chargers. Hyperion G3 packs produced after mid-2014 and all Hyperion G6 HvLi packs use XH balance connectors and need no adapters to the Sentry 3.
NiMh can be checked between 5V~25V using JST connector. JST connector with cable can be used to make an adapter to other-type pack connectors
This product was added to our catalog on July 9, 2018