Build Your On-Road Legend with the RS4 Sport 3 Creator Edition
The RS4 Sport 3 Creator Edition is the first HPI Racing car to deliver a completely built, ready to drive chassis, ready for you to add your own choice of body, wheels, tires, and electronics! This is the purest form of on-road RC that is waiting only for YOUR finishing touches to make it into whatever you can dream: muscle car, drifter, street car, sports racer or even a rally car!
No matter what kind of on-road action you prefer, you can be on the road and driving in record time!
Here's all you need to do to create your own RC dream car:
Start with the Ideal Touring Car Chassis
The RS4 Sport 3 chassis is the latest evolution of HPI Racing on-road design. It features a completely sealed and highly efficient ball bearing-supported shaft drivetrain for maximum efficiency combined with reduced maintenance. The suspension design is taken straight from scale and full-size racing technology, with a double wishbone suspension fitted with oil-filled coil-over shock absorbers. The fully sealed drivetrain means there are no exposed gears, belts or drivetrain parts to get stuck with rocks or dirt, and the durable suspension design allows you to tune the car for all types of driving conditions, from club racing to drifting. This is a fully-featured, ready-for-anything car!
- Choose Your Favorite Body
- Add a Set of Custom Wheels
- Add Your Own Electronics!
Choose How Much Power to Strap In!
You have plenty of options when it comes to power, also! If you're just starting out with RC, you won't need tons of power, so an HPI motor combination like the HPI114712 SC-3SWP2 speed controller is ideal for brushed motors like the HPI1144 Saturn 27T or HPI1146 Firebolt 15T, which get the car moving quick enough to have some fun.
If you're a total speed freak and are ready for the extreme power of 3S brushless power, the RS4 Sport 3 is ready for just about anything that you can fit! If you're an experienced RC driver, we suggest the HPI112850 HPI Flux MMH-4000KV motor with the waterproof HPI112851 HPI Flux EMH-3S - this option will easily get the car over 60mph (100km/h)! ...can YOU handle the power!?
- Brushless Capable
The drivetrain of the RS4 Sport 3 features extra-strong metal gears in both front and rear differentials, ball bearings and metal driveshaft and axle parts. This means it can hold up to the power of super-powerful brushless systems using up to 3S LiPo power! Talk to your hobby shop service people to help decide what electronic speed controller would be best for you!
- One-Piece Molded Chassis
The RS4 Sport 3 main chassis is formed from a single piece of reinforced plastic and features the drivetrain tunnel molded right down the middle, just like a real car. It's a step beyond any plastic tub chassis car available today.
- Low Profile Layout Design
One of the ways we gave the RS4 Sport 3 the best possible handling was to make sure all the components fit as low as possible in the chassis. This gives the car an amazingly low center of gravity for enhanced cornering capabilities.
- Fits a Wide Variety of Batteries
The RS4 Sport 3 chassis can fit lithium-polymer and nickel-cadmium packs of various sizes, including the extra-long 7-cell Ni-MH packs. Whatever your power requirements, it can hold it all! A thick hook-and-loop strap holds the pack securely in place, and a simple battery block screws into place to allow you to adjust the weight distribution forward or backward for extra steering or acceleration.
- Full-Time Four-Wheel Drive: The RS4 Sport 3 features full-time four-wheel drive to give you the most control and precision on the road or track. All four wheels are driven by heavy duty gear differentials at the front and rear, just like a real car. The extra traction gives you increased acceleration and cornering control for maximum confidence and fun.
- Sealed Shaft Drivetrain: The drivetrain of all the RS4 Sport 3 models features the motor mounted longitudinally in the molded chassis, next to the long driveshaft that goes down the center of the car. The entire drivetrain, including the central driveshaft and gear diffs, is completely sealed to prevent dirt, rocks and debris from damaging or binding the drivetrain. The driveshaft, diffs and axles spin on ball bearings to maximize drivetrain efficiency.
- Bottom-Access Driveshaft: The central driveshaft that connects the front and rear differentials is easily accessed from underneath the chassis. This allows the drivetrain to be completely sealed to protect it from rocks and debris no matter where you may want to drive your car.
- Easy Access Differentials: Getting to the differentials for quick adjustments is a matter of removing just 4 screws - this allows you to pop out the diff and change the grease, check the gears or just give it a general service.
- 4-Gear Metal Diffs: Bevel gear differentials at each end of the car transfer power from the driveshaft to the dogbones and axles that drive each wheel. The all-metal construction allows the drivetrain to withstand powerful brushless motors for easy upgrading in the future. Rubber-sealed ball bearings support the differentials and each diff can be tuned independently by changing the diff grease.
- Optional Diff Spool: The optional diff spool removes all diff action for direct traction and braking action from your trigger finger straight to the wheels.
- Double-Wishbone Fully Adjustable Suspension: The suspension of the RS4 Sport 3 uses the race-proven double-wishbone suspension design, similar to a full scale modern race car. You’ll be able to control the anti-squat and anti-dive of the front and rear arms using the standard pivot blocks, and the option parts allow you to adjust the sweep and toe angles. You'll also be able to easily change the roll center front and rear with the racing-style vertical ballstud mounting on both the inner and outer camber link mounts. Multiple shock mounting positions provide a full range of shock suspension angle adjustment to suit different road conditions.
- Oil-Filled Threaded Shocks: The RS4 Sport 3 is fitted with a set composite coilover-style oil-filled shocks, just like what you'd see on a real race car. The fully adjustable shocks are tunable to provide the optimum chassis performance on a wide variety of road surfaces. The ride height is quickly adjustable by using the threaded shock collars. Further tuning adjustments are also possible by changing the springs and shock oil weight.
- Aluminum Motor Mount: The cast aluminum cam-style motor mount holds the motor in place for a secure pinion/spur connection. Two screws hold the cam firmly in position on the mount, and cooling fins on the lateral support aid heat dissipation to keep the motor running as efficiently as possible.
- Metal-Shielded Ball Bearings: The RS4 Sport 3 is fully fitted with a set of metal-shielded ball bearings for maximum efficiency. The metal shields keep the dust away from the internals while the smooth precision bearings provides for optimum power delivery from the power source out into the driveline.
- Rugged Front Bumper: To protect the front suspension, chassis and body from impacts big and small, an extra thick foam bumper is securely fastened to the front of the RS4 Sport 3.
- Adjustable Height Body Mounts: The adjustable height body mounts let you fit any 1/10 scale touring car body from HPI Racing on to the RS4 Sport 3 chassis. All you need to do is adjust the front and rear body mounts to allow the wheels and chassis elements to fit properly underneath the body. Body pins hold the mounts in place, and the multiple mounting hole positions allow you to fine-tune the exact body fitment.
Length: 431mm (17")
Height: 127mm (5")
Width: 190mm (7.5")
Wheelbase: 254mm (10")
Specifications are approximate and vary based on your choice of body and wheels
- 190mm 1/10th Scale Touring Car Body
- Touring car wheels & tires
- 2-channel surface RC radio system
- Steering servo
- Electronic Speed Controller
- 540 Motor
- Pinion gear
- 6-cell NiMH or 2S-3S LiPo battery for car
- Battery charger
This product was added to our catalog on February 5, 2019