HPI Racing Savage X SS 1/8 4WD Monster Truck Kit w/4.6 Engine & GT-2 Body
This is the HPI Savage X SS 4.6 Monster Truck Kit. The Savage X SS 4.6 is the most powerful and toughest Savage ever. Following the tradition of past SS models, the Savage X SS is one of the few build-it-yourself monster truck kits on the market, aimed at R/C enthusiasts who enjoy the process of building and customizing their truck. Standard equipment includes the powerful K4.6 engine with pullstarter, along with an exciting list of new features and updates that make the Savage X SS capable of handling the toughest beating you can throw at it.
The powerful Nitro Star K4.6 engine pumps out 2.9 horsepower from .28 cubic inches for a top speed of 44 mph and enough power to do wheelies on command! An anodized billet aluminum head keeps it cool during extreme off-road driving, and standard features include true ABC construction using a long-life chromed sleeve, an 8.5mm composite carburetor for high performance and improved high temperature tuning, and a pullstarter for easy starting. The engine is mated to a high performance polished tuned pipe and high flow tube header to help maximize power output.
The entire drivetrain is equipped to handle the K4.6 power. Cast alloy differential cups with steel pin guides are now standard on the front and rear of the truck, delivering unmatched durability and extending the standard maintenance interval of the diffs. All of the internal diff gears are now shimmed for precise mesh, and we even shim the outdrive bearings and input shafts for extra precision. Heavy duty diff shafts, cup joints, drive shafts and dogbones are used for maximum strength and durability. And, a hardened steel spur gear with a matching ventilated “racing” clutchbell have been added for the ultimate in drivetrain strength, right out of the box.
To help handle the extra power and speed, we’ve beefed up the already legendary toughness of the Savage chassis. The aluminum TVP chassis plates have extra strength in critical areas, and the motor plate is now thicker, using 2.5mm 7075 aircraft quality alloy. The engine mount now has an adjustable nose support for the engine, designed to prevent the engine from moving during hard landings or crashes. Even the nylon skid plates and bumpers have been modified for extra durability to securely hold the suspension pins and extra sealing has been added to prevent dirt from getting into the differentials. To beef up the braking, our dual stainless steel disc brake kit comes standard, featuring two vented stainless discs and a machined steel brake hub. An adjustable cam-type servo saver delivers quick steering response and added servo protection.
High grip Dirt Bonz tires are 40% lighter than our standard Savage tires for tenacious off-road grip and quicker acceleration. Chrome Warlock wheels are standard, mounted on proven-tough 17mm cast alloy hex hubs and new steel nylock wheel screws with serrated fins that prevent the wheel nuts from vibrating off. And the great “X” features are there too… easy diff access, improved radio box, low CG chassis, nylon roll hoop, engine protection cage, adjustable turnbuckles, adjustable shock position, easy access transmission, and a dual stage air filter.
As with past SS kits, the Savage X SS does not include electronics, so owners can customize their Savage exactly how they want it. A clear and trimmed body with pre-cut decals is included so you can do your own custom paint job.
- 2 Speed! - Adjustable 2 speed transmission with heavy-duty metal internal gears for durability, bottom end punch and high top speed. Adjustable slipper clutch for drivetrain protection.
- Adjustable Upper Arms - Turnbuckles allow easy adjustability of the suspension geometry for improved handling and performance.
- Easy Maintenance! - Quick access to the front or rear differential by removing six screws.
- Redesigned Radio Box - New radio box with extra room for electronics, includes provisions for an external battery level indicator and an optional charging jack. Easy-to-use design eliminates the need for clips.
- Easier To Work On! - The center gearbox can be accessed without removing the chassis plates. Just remove six screws and the top case lifts off for quick and easy transmission maintenance.
- Low CG TVP chassis - The new chassis design lowers the center of gravity for stable handling and faster lap times.
- Lightweight suspension arms - New lightweight suspension arms deliver quick suspension response and reduce overall truck weight.
- More Adjustability - Adjustable turnbuckles allow you to make quick and easy suspension adjustments. New shock towers have three different shock mounting positions for a variety of suspension setups.
- Chrome Warlock wheels with tough 17mm hex hubs - Large 17mm metal alloy hex hubs hold the wheels securely and prevent stripping.
- Fully Compatible - Compatible with most existing Savage (21, 25, SS) option parts
Length: 21in (53.34cm)
Width: 16.8in (42.67cm)
Height: 10in (25.40cm)
Wheelbase: 13.25in (33.65cm)
Tire Dimensions: 6.25in (15.87cm) x 3.25in (8.25cm)
Suspension Travel: 6in (15.24cm)
Engine: .28 cu in (4.6cc)
Transmission: 2 Speed)
Drivetrain: Full-time 4WD
Needed To Complete:
- 2+ Channel 2.4GHz Radio System
- (2) Servos
- Glow Plug Igniter
- Fuel Bottle
- Thread Lock
- Instant Cement (CA Glue)
- Polycarbonate Paint (for body)
- (12) "AA" Batteries
This product is expected to arrive on Saturday, June 3 2017.
Thanks HPI and Thank You A Main.)
it is strong and just beautiful :)
of course, you wont do a misstake with it!
I LOVE IT! <- and you will love "him" too ;))