HPI Baja 5B Kraken Sand Rail SX5 RTR 1/5 Gas Buggy w/2.4GHz Radio & K26 Gasoline Engine
HPI and Kraken RC bring you the best of both worlds!
Experience the Baja 5B like never before—fully loaded and wrapped in a hard-core Kraken Roll cage, just like the full scale racers. Fit a fully built and painted Baja 5B with a Kraken RC roll cage and you get one of the coolest, meanest RC vehicles around. A classic sand rail and a TSK-b Class 1 are both available with a fully functional polymer roll cage and polycarbonate body panels from Kraken RC. Either vehicle delivers the pounding power of the Baja 5B—equipped with a driven HPI Fuelie K26 engine and ready to take on the sands. They’re also armed with the latest heavy duty suspension and drivetrain components for maximum off-roading.
- Factory-assembled RTR large scale gas buggy
- Fully functional modular polymer roll cage
- Custom, pre-painted polycarbonate body panels
- Heavy duty 24mm front hex hubs
- Super HD driveshafts
- Single piece rear hub
- TF-45 2.4GHz FHSS radio system with failsafe
- Powerful pull start 26cc 2-stroke engine
- 4mm Aluminum monocoque chassis
- 700cc fuel tank for up to 45 minute runs
- High flow tuned muffler
- Sand rail fitted with off-road tires
- TSK-b Class 1 buggy fitted with HB Rodeo SC tires
- 6V, 3000mAh receiver pack with wall charger
- Big bore shocks with 6mm diameter shafts
- 8000 RPM performance clutch
- Full ball bearings
Chassis: 0.16" (4mm) pressed aluminum channel monocoque design with modular polymer roll cage
Drive: Two wheel, steel dogbones with rubber boots, super heavy duty driveshafts, one-piece rear hub for increased durability
Differential: Metal gear
Engine: HPI fuelie K26 2-stroke gasoline engine with pull starter
Muffler: High-flow tuned
Fuel Tank: 24oz (700cc)
Radio: 3-ch HPI TF-45 2.4GHz FHSS radio system with failsafe
Servos: SFL-11MG metal gear servo 347 in/oz torque @ 6V, speed, 0.17 seconds/60°, SF-20W throttle servo
Body: Pre-painted custom polycarbonate body panels
Shocks: Big Bore valve variable control with 6mm diameter shafts
Receiver Pack: 6V 3000mAh NiMH
Ball Bearings: Full set
Wheels: Front 4.7 x 2.4" (119 x 61mm), rear 4.7 x 3" (119 x 76mm) with beadlock mount
Tires: HB Rodeo SC
Wheelbase: 22.5" (571mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.4" (61mm)
- Baja 5B Sidewinder Sand Rail SX5 Buggy w/Kraken RC Sidewinder X5 Conversion
- K26 Gasoline Engine
- 2.4GHz 3-ch Radio
- Steering & Throttle Servos
- 100cc bottle of 2-Stroke Oil
- RX Battery
- Instruction Manual
Needed To Complete:
This product was added to our catalog on July 10, 2017.
That being said I had some engine problems with the savage back then and I thought I would give HPI another chance now that their company is starting to do better again.
This thing was a blast to drive....was. After the initial break in tank of gas things went bad on the second tank. It would seem that all the important engine bolts were not assembled with any threadlock. It basically came apart while driving and caused some damage to itself and lost a few bolts.
I expected better quality in the assembly of this car giving the price. RTR should not stand for Ready To Rebuild.
On the plus side HPI does seem to be quite understanding with the problem and replacing the missing and damaged parts.)