The Hot Racing Axial SCX24 Reservoir Friction Damper kit was developed for hte Axial SCX24, but may be compatible with other similar mini/micro crawlers as well. These shocks are friction damped, requiring only a partial filling of silicone oil. These shocks feature a machined faux reservoir shock cap for realistic scale looks, and include a full set of soft and hard springs to allow tuning. Package includes shocks, springs and hardware.
- Requires 0.05in, 1.3mm, or 1.4mm hex wrench for screws
- Silicone shock/diff oil. Shocks should not be fully filled; add only enough oil for a heavy coating. 2000-3000cSt is a good starting weight.
- Reservoir is for aesthetics only and is non-functional
- Machined aluminum construction
- Threaded shock bodies for quick pre-load adjustments
- Scale-looking reservoir (non-functioning; for scale only)
- Two spring rates included
- Replaces Axial AXI31612 SCX24 shock set
Extended length eye-to-eye: ~32.5mm
Compressed length eye-to-eye: ~24mm
- (4) shocks
- (4) soft springs (black)
- (4) firm springs (silver)
Tuesday, Aug 11 2020 (5 months ago)
Hot Racing Axial SCX24 Reservoir Friction Damper
these are probably the best option out there for stock replacement. nice they come with two sets of springs, one soft and one harder. the one GIANT draw back to these is that the pivot balls are held into the shocks with rubber o rings. They pop off super easy when crawling and are tiny so you will never find them. Hoping to fix this with some tiny metal washers. If they didnt have this issue would rate 5 stars.