This is the Hot Racing 1/16 Traxxas Steel Helical Spiral Gear Set, for Traxxas 1/16 4X4 vehicles, including the 1/16 E-Revo, 1/16 Slash 4X4, and 1/16 Summit. This set is compatible with the front or rear differentials.
- CNC machined aluminum and hardened high carbon steel construction
- Aluminum carrier cover plate is anodized red
- Precision machined helical spiral cut gears offer inherently greater
- strength and smooth operation than the factory bevel cut gears
Carrier width: ~23mm
Carrier bearing boss diameter: 8mm
Pinion length: ~19.5mm
- (1) steel 34T ring gear
- (1) steel 13T pinion gear
- (1) steel carrier
- (1) aluminum carrier cover plate
- Two sets per vehicle
- Reuses Traxxas TRA7082 internal spider and carrier gears, as well as the output shaft seal and outdrives from the original differential
- Installation may require optional shimming using the included shims for proper gear mesh. The gears should run freely without too much play and without binding.
- Use removable thread lock (e. g. blue Loctite) on carrier screws
- Differential grease
- Does not include inner differential gears.
- Replaces Traxxas 7079 ring and pinion and 7080 carrier cover plates (except for the output shaft seal)
- Shimming the differential correctly is an important step in building the perfect differential. If needed more shims may be purchased via Hot Racing part number W8X.
This product was added to our catalog on August 27, 2018
Update: This differential somehow survived smashing into a curb at 50+mph. My transmitter spring broke, and my throttle didn’t return to zero, and my souped up mini E-Revo smashed into a curb at 52mph. All it broke was my plastic center driveshaft…..no clicking though. Buy this, you won’t regret it!