The fun doesn't stop after you learn how to fly. It's lightweight yet durable air-frame is equipped with a powerful electric motor that delivers long flight times and provides plenty of speed and power to perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and even inverted (upside down) flight. That means the Sport Cub S 2 is a model even experienced pilots will appreciate and enjoy flying – and can also use to teach others to fly. This Bind-N-Fly Basic version is the perfect choice for those pilots because it allows them to use their favorite Spektrum transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own. Available in a RTF and BNF, and both versions arrive 100% factory-assembled – no assembly required.
- Updated version of one of the best-selling and most popular trainer models available for learning to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes – the Sport Cub S
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode activates at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Ultra-micro size to fly in small parks, at sports fields or even indoors over a basketball court
- Provides telemetry data to the controller/transmitter indicating flight battery voltage
- Full 4-channel control for everything from training to aerobatic flight capability
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- LiPo battery and USB charger for long flight times and convenient recharging
- Powerful electric motor for easy operation and excellent performance
- Lightweight yet durable construction perfect for first-time pilots
- No FAA registration required (under the 250 gram weight limit)
- Full line of replacement/spare parts plus accessories available
- Optional float set (sold separately) for flying from water
- Practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight® simulator
- (1) HobbyZone® Sport Cub S 2 with:
- (1) Electric Motor (installed)
- (2) Linear Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ Receiver, ESC and (2) Servo Control Unit (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
- 6+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 1S 3.7V 150–200mAh LiPo battery with Ultra-Micro connector
- Compatible LiPo battery charger
This product was added to our catalog on March 13, 2020
Also single usb battery charger doesn't work. I bought a multiple battery charger that works fine.
Otherwise plane flies well. With low motor output (about half previous full output) am gaining experience in slow flight maneuvering.
Overall it is an amazing little plane. if you are just learning I would say this is a great place to start.
This plane is super fun. The safe mode is excellent for me. Love that option.
I wish the tires were bigger to roll over pebbles and sand easier. Even being so light it sinks in sand.
I took off with the controller NOT in safe mode and was able to get around for a bit till I got disoriented, close to a tree, cut the throttle, hard banked away and it glided into the skinniest, twig of a tree I've ever seen...broke the top shift instead of the motor shaft. Order a few of those and back in the air...in safe mode. LoL. Got 3 batteries through before the breeze picked up and I could no longer keep control.
Absolute blast with this plane.
But I want to say just how great it is dealing with AMain Hobbies. I have just had one of the worst Customer Experiences I have ever had in dealing with one of the major RC companies (which shall remain nameless but I'm sure you can guess!) It has been a breath of fresh air to deal with AMain and their Customer Support. THANKS!