This is the Hobbywing EZRun MAX10 SCT 1/10 Waterproof Brushless ESC and 3660SL Motor Combo. This combo is compatible with up to 3S LiPo power, and is the perfect upgrade for your 1/10 scale 4WD truck and monster truck vehicles.
NOTE: This motor included in this combo requires 5mm bore pinion gears.
- High Reliability & Durability: Built with the most rugged and high-quality components and coupled with cutting-edge firmware, the EZRun MAX10 SCT is able to deliver unmatched power and performance for even the most hardcore of racing applications, but is also responsive enough to protect itself from damage due to overloading due to physical abuse, overuse or even human error.
- Great Flexibility & Versatility: With incredible acceleration capabilities and a rock-solid, stable output, the MAX10 SCT can handle instant full-torque start-ups for wheelies, high-speed racing on straightaways and powering through the bumpiest terrain. The user will have the choice of adjusting the ESC parameters as per his preference and ability.
- Applicable for All Weather Conditions: The waterproof and dust-proof design allows the MAX10 SCT to be used in all weather conditions without any issue of damage caused to the ESC from water or dust.
- High Voltage Built-in BEC: The MAX10 SCT has adopted the world's first HV built-in BEC with an output current of up to 3 Amps and a switchable output voltage of 6-7.4V. The high voltage BEC is designed to handle today's high voltage servos on demand used by 1/10 scale vehicles.
- Advanced & Secure Electronic Switch: The MAX10 SCT features an electronic switch with a lifespan of over 50,000 on/off cycles, housed in a completely waterproof, dust-proof and shock-resistant design.
- Regular Firmware Updates Free of Charge: You can upgrade the MAX10 SCT with the Hobbywing USB LINK software, a multifunction LCD program box and a laptop. Hobbywing updates it's ESC firmware regularly giving you upgraded features more often when available.
- Maintenance Free: The ESC, minus the cooling fan, is basically maintenance free. The cooling fan is designed to be shockproof, which in turn will reduce damage brought on by frequent vehicle big jumps and landings on hard surfaces.
- Innovative 4-pole-8-magnet "staggered pole" rotor (Hobbywing-patented) with low cogging effect and torque pulsation greatly improves control feel around corners.
- Built-in temperature sensor and sensor port protect the motor from damage due to overheat when pairing EZRUN 3660 G2 with a EZRUN MAX10 SCT ESC.
- O-ring seal fitted between the front end bell and motor case isolates screw holes from inner parts to prevent liquid or dust from getting inside and protect motor from damage.
- Special design implemented by the motor case (the end attaches to the front end bell) isolates inner coils from outside to protect winding from being damaged by overlong screws.
- Special technology for temperature control implemented by this motor guarantees less heat more efficiency (efficiency rate of up to 90%).
- CNC machined aluminum housing, high purity copper windings, advanced rotor structure, high-quality alloy steel output shaft, high-precision bearings for high durability and smoothness.
- Rebuild-able design (partially rebuild-able) for routine maintenance effectively prolongs the motor life and raises the motor efficiency.
- Excellent match between EZRUN 3660 G2 with EZRUN MAX10 SCT guarantees users large torque plus a very smooth and linear power band.
- Continuous Current: 120A
- Peak Current: 830A
- Motor Type: Sensorless Brushless Motor
- Applications: 1/10th Short Course Trucks, Stadium Trucks, Monster Trucks
- Motor Limit:
- 2S LiPo: KV ≤6000
- 3S LiPo: KV ≤4000
- 4S LiPo: KV ≤3000
- LiPo/NiMH Cells: 6-12S NiMH, 2-4S LiPo
- BEC Output: 6V/7.4V Switchable, Continuous Current of 4A (Switch-mode BEC)
- Size (LxWxH): 49.0x39.5x34.7mm
- Weight: 105g
- Programming Port: FAN/PRG Port
- kV: 3200
- LiPo: 2-3S
- Resistance: 0.0083
- No-Load Current: 4.9A
- Motor Diameter & Length: 36mm & 60mm
- Shaft Diameter & Length: 5mm & 18.5mm
- Pole: 4
- Weight: 262 grams
- EZRun Max10 SCT ESC
- EZRun 3660SL Brushless Motor (3200kV)
Recommended Hobbywing Programmers:
Running on 2S, it runs nice and cool. Motor temp never went over 115 degrees, and I pushed it. Ran it for about 50 mins on a single battery before I gave up on trying to hit LiPo cutoff. Both cells were at 3.7 volts when I put my charger on it for storage. Pretty impressed with that with my driving.
Running on 3S, temps were also very good. Roughly 145 degrees and I also pushed it. It ran for about 20 mins or so before my transmission blew up. But that was expected. Each cell had 4 volts left. I already have ordered a new steel diff and steel idle gear.
Overall i'm pretty happy with this system. Lots of power but doesn't kill your batteries within 10-15 mins.
If your looking for cheap but good quality system, i'd would recommend this one. I would buy again.
A few things to know about this kit:
(1) mine very oddly came with XT90 connectors pre-installed. I was totally shocked when I opened the box and saw this, as it's certainly not in the product description or photos. My hunch is that I got an ESC from a leftover batch of products made for Arrma users before Arrma switched (was forced?) over to EC5/iC5 connectors. Anyway, rather than cut the connector off and re-solder (which would be pretty tough given the huge gauge of the wires on the ESC), I got an XT90 to Deans adapter, as I run Deans on my batteries.
(2) there is some cogging right off idle in this combo, and I experienced the same thing with my 3660SL 4000Kv motor. Not an issue for a basher, but for more scale applications, it's not ideal.
(3) there is an option in the ESC programming to switch between 6V and 7.4V BEC, which is great if you run a high-voltage servo. Not sure that the similarly-priced models from Castle have that (the Mamba models do, but they are way more expensive).
Overall, I'm pleased with this setup. Look around at all the new RCs being launched by Horizon Hobby from all their brands and you'll see this kV range is what they're using (first Arrma with its BLX3600 and then Spektrum with its Firma 3150kV), but HobbyWing was offering this long before Horizon caught up with the times!
The only thing I will say, at least for the yeti, is that the esc "tray" or "stand" that comes with it is pretty cheap. One eyelet cracked on it so far, so I'll have to mock something up in the future once it fully breaks. Other than that, nice combo, it's treating me really well so far, and I'd definitely recommend it.