Hobbywing AXE R2 1/10 Waterproof Brushless ESC.
FOC - Field-Oriented Control for Super Linearity & High Torque & Extreme Silence
This sensor technology has changed the feel, performance, and overall tune-ability of the ESC and Motor in ways some have never experienced. Field-oriented Control is the name of this tech and is something unique to the scale trail, rock racing, and RC world in general. This style of the sensor allows extremely accurate control and sensing of the motor while maintaining extreme performance and reliability. The motor and ESC are able to match the RPM of the motor to your throttle position under all driving conditions. This greatly improves downhill driving giving this system the ability to drive downhill under complete control. FOC technology also makes the whole system extremely silent, the motor doesn't create the annoying PWM noise when it is running
- World's First FOC brushless system for Rock Crawler. Field-Oriented Control for Super Linearity & High Torque & Extreme Silence.
- The chip-type magnetic encoder inside the motor guarantees consistency between three phases’ signals and always outputs the pure and precise signals indicating the rotor position.
- Polarity Protection: Yes. it is not a typo. No more "oops" moment. The chip-type magnetic encoder inside the motor guarantees consistency between three phases’ signals and always outputs the pure and precise signals indicating the rotor position.
- The waterproof and dust-proof design (*IP67 standards) allows the AXE brushless power system to be used in all weather & track conditions without any issue of damage caused to the system from water or dust. Damage to the vehicle caused by water, mud, or conditions should be monitored closely when running in muddy, wet, or adverse conditions.
- Intelligent torque output & speed closed-loop control for easy control, and consistent motor RPM under all loads.
- The adjustable drag brake & drag brake rate control with the maximum drag brake of up to 200% (that’s near twice the drag brake of standard brushless power systems) can provide unprecedented parking capacity on slopes, with no jerky stops.
- The innovative built-in Wireless connectivity. allows users to read ESC data or update ESC firmware via a smartphone (installed with the HW LINK app).
- The motor with 4 poles & 12 magnets, featuring Hobbywing’s “staggered pole” patent has zero cogging effect & torque ripple. It can work smoothly at low speeds. This greatly improves the manoeuvrability of rock crawlers at low speeds.
- The sensor harness, which features the plug-and-screw design, has a silicone O ring inside. The design & O ring not only provide a firm connection between motor and ESC but solve the “waterproof” challenge for sensor ports.
- The advanced and secure electronic switch features a waterproof, dust-proof, and shock-resistant design.
- Multiple protections: low-voltage cutoff, thermal, fail-safe (throttle signal loss), motor lock-up, and overcurrent.
IMPORTANT: Xerun AXE series is a closed-system: Due to its advanced technology, HOBBYWING Xerun AXE R2 ESC works exclusively with Xerun AXE R2 brushless motor.
Cont./Peak Current: 80A/480A
Input Voltage: 2-3S LiPo, 6-9S NiMh
BEC Output: 6V/7.4V Switchable, Continuous Current of 6A (Switch-mode)
Input wires: Red-Black-12AWG-200mm
Input connector: XT60
Programming Port: Built-in Wireless
Firmware: iOS or Android smartphone (installed with the HW LINK app)
Size/Weight: 47.4x36.2x26.5mm/108g (Included input wires)
This product was added to our catalog on March 25, 2021
Saturday, Mar 18 2023 (8 months ago)
Hobbywing AXE R2 1/10 Waterproof Brushless ESC
I haven’t opened this yet but have had this esc before. Excellent low speed control And power for a monster truck, I have one these systems in my TRX4. Will be using this in the new Losi LMT kit when I get that.