Helion Select Four 10SC 4WD Brushless Short Course Truck
The Helion Select Four 10SC Short Course Truck is engineered from the ground up to meet the highest expectations. On the track, or just for play, 4-wheel independent suspension with fully adjustable, oil-filled threaded aluminum shocks soak up all the bumps. The premium 3500kV Radient Reaktor4T brushless motor and 60T ESC, allows the FOUR 10SC to reach speeds of 35+ mph with the recommended 3S LiPo installed. Itís guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
Engineered from the ground up, Helion engineers ensured that the handling meets the highest expectations with 4-wheel independent suspension and fully adjustable, oil-filled threaded aluminum shocks soaking up even the worst terrain. Like tuning? Tune the suspension geometry to the feel you want with adjustable shock mounting, turnbuckles and included swaybars. Added to this is a full complement of rubber sealed ball bearings, heavy-duty telescoping drive shafts, industry-standard 12mm wheel hexes.
Supplied with the premium 3500kV Radient Reaktor4T brushless motor and 60T ESC, the FOUR 10SC accelerates to a tire-scorchingly quick 35+ mph with the recommended 3S LiPo installed. Itís guaranteed to put a smile on your face. The exclusive Total System Protection (TSP) offers bullet-proof temperature and current protection for both the motor and ESC. Just drive how you want.
Using engineering grade composites with a modular chassis design offers incredible strength but refreshing practicality. Easily remove the front and rear suspension in minutes for maintenance and tuning. Metal gear differentials combined with aluminum bulkheads, wheel hexes, shock towers, steering hubs and more get the power to the ground and keep you running.
ET4 2.4GHz Radio System
The included advanced IKONNIK Xenon ET4 2.4GHz radio system has Beginner Mode, 10 Model Memory with drop-down wheel, adjustable grips and left- or right-handed operation together with easy-pairing to other Xenon equipped vehicles in the Helion range.
Those champagne anodized aluminum parts not only add the durability you need but the look amazing and pair perfectly with the three striking body schemes available Ė Cobalt, Emerald and Lava Ė each working perfectly with the authentic wheels and high-traction tires with detailed white lettering.
- Metal Gears: Extremely durable metal gears and rugged planetary differentials get the power to the ground with reduced maintenance and servicing.
- Adjustable Suspension: Long travel suspension arms and adjustable aluminum oil filled coil-over tuned shocks keep you in control over the roughest terrain.
- Rubber Sealed Bearings: Low friction ball bearings keep your drivetrain running smooth and efficient. Using rubber seals keep the grease in and the dirt out, increasing run time and speed.
- All Weather ESC: The 60A all weather Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) provides great performance in all driving conditions. Paired with the 3500kV 4-Pole brushless motor delivers dominating speed.
- 100% factory-assembled and ready to run.
- New high ground clearance chassis design for all-terrain versatility.
- Front and rear anti-roll bars
- 2s or 3S Li-Po compatible.
- Reaktor 60-4T brushless power system.
- Shaft based 4x4 drivetrain.
- Modular chassis design for easy maintenance.
- Planetary metal gear differentials with metal ring ring and pinion.
- Four wheel independent suspension.
- Rubber sealed ball bearings throughout.
- Impact resistant composites are strong, durable, and lightweight.
- All-weather electronics.
- High traction tires.
- Aluminum shock tower and wheel hexes.
- Aluminium threaded, adjustable, oil filled, coil-over shock absorbers.
Motor: 4-Pole Sensorless Radient Reaktor4T 3500kV Brushless
LiPo Compatibility: 2S-3S (7.4V-11.1V), 45C+
Gearing: 32P (Pinion: 15, Spur: 52)
Wheels: 12mm Hex (24mm OS, TRX and KYO Compatible)
Length: 545mm (21.5in)
Height: 191mm (7.52in)
Width: 296mm (11.65in)
Wheelbase: 326mm (12.83in)
Weight: 2063g (4lb-9oz)
Internal Gear Ratio: 3.47:1
- 100% factory assembled ready-to-run Four 10SC
- IKONNIK ET-4 2.4GHz 4-channel, 10 model memory transmitter
- Quick-start guide
- (4) AA-size batteries for transmitter
- Suitable 2S or 3S Li-Po
- Suitable Li-Po charger
This product was added to our catalog on May 16, 2016.
I rated this truck 4 star for 2 reasons:
First is the issue of getting parts for it. It seems like most of parts that break are NEVER in stock or are back ordered on line for WEEKS at a time. Some parts you would think are in a package like screws, are not and you have to find the screw from a different package or try and buy the ďextraĒ package and that one is back ordered, for weeks. I broke a Front Steering Spindle (HLNS1005) & a Spindle Carrier (HLNS1048), it took me 3 weeks to get the parts and when I got them there were no screws in the Spindle Carrier package. Instead I have to find the King Pin Set (HLNS1024) and everywhere I look,,,,,, itís Back Ordered!
Second is a BIG design flaw in the frontend. The front brush\bumper guard isnít wide enough on the bottom to protect the Arm Holder (part# HLNS1015). We have the rounded curbs in our development and when you jump them it hits these and breaks them (even in beginner mode). If you do buy one of these trucks the FIRST thing you should do is change the oil in the shocks to thicker weight and adjusts the springs to be tighter. (The oil in my shocks werenít even full like they should have been) This will help out a little but you will need to buy some of the Arm Holders and also some of the Arm Bushings (part# HLNS1038). There is NO aftermarket support for this truck, so your only hope is Helion.
I changed out the tires on it to a more street friendly version, since weíre running it mostly on asphalt and concrete. It was shredding the off road tires that it came with (even in beginner mode) and I wanted to see how they would do when I could take it off road. This greatly improved the handling on the street, tighter turns and faster acceleration, definitely worth it.)
I've only had it a couple of days, but so far every minute with it has been incredibly fun.
I've driven it up and down the street jumping off a ramp and crashing onto asphalt with a 3S battery. I've driven it at at the local RC dirt track with a 2S battery. It was fantastic on both!
There is a selector on the included transmitter for 'Standard' or 'Beginner' that makes it easy to hand off to my 10 year old daughter and let her drive.
The only 'problem' is that if I crash it REALLY hard (like multiple cartwheels on asphalt, or a 6 foot jump) one of the front ball cups keeps popping off. But then, it's all of 10 seconds to pop it back on and it's up and running.
I'm really just as happy as can be with this truck and recommend it highly.)