The Helion Rock Rider Brushless RTR 4WD Electric Rock Racer takes the existing Rock Rider platform, and gives it a facelift with a striking paint job, combined with a more powerful 3300kV brushless motor and 50A all-weather ESC. This is packed into the proven, 4WD powertrain that has been thoroughly tested in the full range of off-road conditions and has passed with flying colors.
Pop the clips, lift the body and beneath youíll find a finely-tuned blend of high-strength composites that combine with a proven transmission and suspension system to provide traction and stability when you most need it. The solid 6-link rear axle offers almost limitless tuning options, plus corner-to-corner aluminum threaded shocks for easy pre-load adjustment, smooth movement, and consistent handling. Topped with an independent front suspension system and high-grip all-weather tires all the crucial performance boxes have been checked. With hex hardware throughout, a fully protected spur gear housing and a shock-absorbing sprung servo saver, low maintenance and durability are a priority, too.
A take-anywhere trailblazer, mud bogger, hill climber and dust blaster, the Rock Rider Brushless is a performance-driven all-terrain rock bouncer that could quickly become your grab Ďní go truck for every occasion.
- Rear Axle: Scale in appearance and offering the same benefits as a 1:1 Rock Racer, a 6-link rear axle with offset pumpkin offers almost limitless tuning options and improves ground clearance.
- Ready to Run: The Helion Rock Rider BL is supplied 100% factory assembled and ready to run. Included is a rechargeable 7-cell, 8.4V 1800mAh battery, mains charger and 2-channel 2.4GHz IKONNIK ET3 radio system with fully proportional steering and throttle control. All you need to complete is 4 ĎAAí batteries for the transmitter.
- Front Suspension: An independent front suspension system combined with high-grip all-weather tires offers ultimate off-road stability and traction.
- Transmission Cover: To improve reliability, reduce wear and keep you on the off-road for longer, weíve given the spur gear fully enclosed belt and braces protection.
- Easy Access: Convenient maintenance access to the rear heavy-duty differential is via a scale-effect cover plate thatís secured with four hex bolts.
- Scale Detailing: Realistic off-road style wheels, a spare, a roll cage, driver and co driver plus numerous other details make this the perfect canvas for adding your own scale accessories and making the Rock Rider BL a true one-off.
Motor: 3300kV brushless
ESC: 50A brushless
Battery: 7-cell 1800mAh NiMH, HCT plug
Gear Pitch: 48P
Wheels: 2.2 with 12mm hex
Length: 501mm (19.72in)
Height: 229mm 9.0in)
Width: 300mm (11.81in)
Wheelbase: 321mm (12.64in)
Weight (approx): 2740g (6.04lb)
Gear ratio: 11.2:1
Pair with: IKONNIK Krypton protocol
- Rock Rider Brushless 4WD rock racing truck
- IKONNIK ET3 2.4GHz steerwheel transmitter
- 1800mAh 7-cell 8.4V NiMH battery
- Mains charger for 8.4V NiMH battery
- (4) AA-size batteries for the transmitter
This product was added to our catalog on July 20, 2017
Well right out of the box the charger it comes with is junk. Only charged the included battery 25% after 8 hours so got 2 min run time and the rear body mounting pin snapped right off while putting the clip on. 2nd run after buying a after market charger the chassis snapped not even 30 seconds in at the lower link mounting location. Swapped in the aluminum chassis. 3rd run one of the rear shocks completely fell apart. 4th run sheared the rear drive shaft coupler right off. (This was all in the first week of owning it)
Very disappointing. Like others have said it is not a crawler, 0 low end torque at a dead stop, you need a run at anything to make it up. Iím now afraid to jump it or do anything full throttle in fear of breaking something. The car is very fun when itís not broke and is insanely fast! But unfortunately itís broken and being worked on 90% of the time.