Hangar 9 Extra 300X 120cc ARF (3 BOX)
Whether you're an experienced sport pilot looking for the ultimate thrill or an expert aerobatics competitor who wants a definitive advantage, the new Hangar 9® Extra 300X 120cc ARF is your solution. Like all of Walter Extra's aerobatic creations, Hangar 9 giant-scale aerobatic models are synonymous with performance. As the bar is raised to meet modern performance standards, Hangar 9 models have proven to offer an outstanding balance of precision and extreme maneuverability. Now the next generation calls again for the ultimate in performance so that booming pilots have the inspiration and confidence to push the envelope.
The Hangar 9® Extra 300X 120cc ARF is a 35%-scale version of the mid-wing aerobatic champion. Designed to suit the competition-level pilot with a sense of quality and precision, its construction delivers a distinctive combination of durability and performance. The wings have foam-core construction that's fully sheeted with balsa for airfoil integrity that's paramount for precision flight. Built-in double carbon-fiber wing spars and a carbon-fiber wing joiner tube help carry all aerodynamic stress loads. Oversized control surfaces provide incredible pitch authority and blinding roll rates as well as the ability to perform slow-speed 3D with almost physics defying agility. Fly it high in the box, or down on the deck, its high-contrast finish in genuine Hangar 9 UltraCote® will help you keep the right side up and looking great.
So that you can start enjoying the fantastic flight performance of this Extra 300X sooner than later, a number of time saving features come standard with this ARF kit. The wing and stabilizer halves are factory prepped with the heavy-duty pin hinge locations pre-drilled along the double-bevel edges. The enormous rudder is fitted with flat hinges so that it's removable once the long hinge pin is pulled out. The included fuel tank is plumbed and installed. The firewall is drilled to fit the engine mounting patterns of popular options such as the Evolution® 125GX twin-cylinder gas engine. A built-in exhaust tunnel is capable of handling a wide variety of pipe and canister mounting options. The high-quality hardware package is complete and includes pro-level components like titanium pro-links with heavy duty ball connectors.
At the field, convenience features like the plug-in wings and stabilizers get you ready to fly quickly. Like the flush-mounted cowling, the large fuselage hatch is molded for a professional look that's long-lasting. In the air is where you'll really appreciate this Extra. Its mid-wing design offers outstanding handling in both positive and negative maneuvers. The powerful rudder, with its large control throw, opens up a host of extreme-maneuver possibilities. With the removable side-force generators included you can add even greater knife edge performance to your flight sequence. With the Extra 300X 120cc ARF, extreme aerobatic performance is within your grasp.
Foam-core construction that's fully sheeted with balsa allows the true airfoil to carry through from root to tip. Inherent rigidity plus double carbon fiber wing spars means that precision flight and overall durability are enhanced.
Oversized Control Surfaces
Large control surfaces mounted on double-beveled hinge lines provide outstanding authority for outrageous 3D maneuvers and dramatic slow-speed 3D gravity defiance.
Like the cowling, the top fuselage hatch is painted to match for a professional appearance that's easy to maintain.
The firewall is pre-drilled to accept the Evolution® 125GX twin-cylinder gas engine. The mounting pattern will also fit a host of other engines in the same class.
Genuine UltraCote® Film
The vibrant four-color trim scheme offers excellent contrast and visibility. And because it's executed with UltraCote film, its brilliant finish is long lasting and easy to maintain.
Removable Wings and Tail
Naturally, the wings are two-piece and plug-in with a carbon-fiber tube joiner. The stabilizers install similarly with a carbon-fiber tube and the rudder is also removable by pulling out the one-piece hinge pin.
- Fully sheeted, foam-core wings with double carbon-fiber spars
- Oversize control surfaces for maximum authority during any 3D maneuver
- Laser-cut, wooden airframe engineered to be strong and lightweight
- Original four-color trim scheme provides high-contrast and great visibility
- Two-piece, plug-in wings and stabilizers feature bolt-on installation
- Included side-force generators quickly install for enhanced knife-edge performance
- Lightweight and strong, carbon-fiber wing and stabilizer joiner tubes
- Removable rudder hinge pin for service and storage versatility
- Durable tail wheel assembly with a carbon-fiber bracket
- Painted aluminum landing gear with matching cuffs and wheel pants
- Smooth molded hatch with matching finish and clear canopy
- Built-in exhaust tunnel supports a variety of canister and pipe options
- Pre-drilled firewall matches the Evolution® 125GX gas engine and a host of others
- Flush-mounted cowl with hidden screws for a clean and smooth appearance
- Genuine UltraCote® covering provides a long lasting finish
- Pre-assembled tank is pre-fitted to the strong mounting tray
- Includes helmet-head pilot bust with a matching paint scheme
- High-quality hardware includes titanium pro-links with heavy-duty ball connectors
- Optional color-scheme-matching Tru-Turn spinner available
- Wingspan: 105 in ( 267cm)
- Overall Length: 98 in (249 cm)
- Wing Area: 2003 Sq in (129.2 sq dm)
- Flying Weight: 27-30 lbs (12.2-13.6 kg)
- Engine Size: 100-125cc Gas
- Servos: 8 required (Ailerons 4, Elevators 2, Rudder 1, Throttle 1)
- Trim Scheme Colors: U866 True Red, U870 White, U846 Pearl Charcoal, U881 Silver
- CG (center of gravity): 3-3/4" behind LE at tip
- Wing Loading: 31.1 oz/sq ft
- Spinner Size: 4-1/2 inch
- Assembly Time: 15-20 Hours
Needed To Complete:
120cc 2-stroke gas/petrol engine and muffler
9+ Channel, full-range transmitter and receiver
(3) Batteries for receiver and engine ignition Propeller
This product was added to our catalog on March 31, 2016.