Hangar 9 Carbon Cub 15cc ARF Airplane Kit (Electric, Nitro or Gasoline)
The Hangar 9 Carbon Cub 15cc ARF brings the heritage and versatility of the full scale airplane to life with a modern all-wood model that combines classic looks with a higher performance spirit. Featuring a 90-inch wingspan, this large model delivers the experience of giant scale, yet is practical enough to fly every day. The two-piece wing allows for convenient transportation and the quick-connect struts make assembly simple. Scale detail like cockpit doors, interior features, landing lights and a scale spinner mean that this Carbon Cub model will easily turn heads at the field. A light wing loading plus functional flaps help you perform impressive short takeoff and landings. Like the full-size, shock-absorbing landing gear take most of the bounce out of grass strips. With the optional 1/5-scale float set (sold separately) you can enjoy the same adventure-driven performance at the local lake.
Versatility that Makes Giant Scale Fun
The Cub is a classic aircraft thatís adored by both full-scale and model aviation pilots. Its flying qualities and design versatility have come to be known well enough that practically every new aircraft is compared to it. Thatís a lot to be said for an airplane that first flew in 1938. Cub Crafters of Yakima, Washington started their booming business by restoring original Cub airframes. Very quickly, the collection of engineered refinements spawned a brand new line of aircraft like the Carbon Cub that honors the original icon yet delivers performance thatís every pilotís dream.
Get fuel efficiency and gas engine ease-of-operation when you choose the Evolutionģ 15GX engine for this Carbon Cub. Its pumped carburetor design allows fuel to flow consistently regardless of fuel tank location or aircraft attitude while flying. Evolution Small Block gas engines offer lightweight construction and standard beam-mount installation like a glow engine. But what sets this engine truly apart from the glow-fueled counterparts is the phenomenal fuel efficiency. On average, it takes only 30% of the gas/petrol to provide the same run time as a comparably sized glow engine. Thatís an amazing efficiency level that results in a cost per flight savings of approximately 90%.
When you go to choose a transmitter, receiver and servos required for a quality airplane like this Hangar 9 Carbon Cub 15cc model, consider all the advantages genuine Spektrumô technology gives you. Not only will you possess a proven radio system at a great price, youíll get the safety benefits that only ModelMatch and SmartSafe features can give.
- Shock Absorbing Landing Gear: This working recreation of the bungee landing gear used on the full-scale Carbon Cub will soak up bumps during ground operations just like the real thing.
- All-Wood Construction: Lightweight, laser-cut construction is utilized to bring the Carbon Cub 15cc to life as a durable scale model thatís built to last with a level of rigidity that makes even a friendly flying airplane such as this crisp control response.
- Genuine UltraCote Covering: The all-wood structure of the Carbon Cub 15cc is covered with genuine Hangar 9 UltraCoteģ film that provides a durable and easy-to-maintain finish that closely replicates its full-scale cousin.
- Gas or Electric: No matter what type of power you favorógas/petrol, glow or electric, hardware and mounting options are included to suit a variety of power systems so you can be in the air in less time.
- Quick-Connect Wing Struts: The streamlined wing struts feature quick-connect strut pins so that only basic tools are needed at the field.
- Functional Flaps: The functional flaps allow you to enjoy the same short-field takeoff and landing performance that full-scale Carbon Cub pilots do.
- Landing Lights: The wings feature factory installed wiring and LED lights so that making a working landing light system is easy.
- Cockpit Doors: The magnetically secured cockpit door can be left open during flight, just like on the full-scale version. It also lets you keep switches out of sight by mounting them inside the cockpit.
- Float Ready: Hard points for mounting the Hangar 9 1/5-scale float kit (HAN6030ósold separately) are already built into the fuselage.
- Laser-cut, all-wood construction thatís lightweight
- Shock-absorbing main landing gear and tundra-style wheels
- Two-piece, plug-in wing with functional flaps
- Quick-connect, streamlined wing struts
- Functional LED landing lights, installed
- Operational cockpit side-doors
- Instrument details and seats included
- Float ready, with hard points for optional 1/5-scale float set
- Matching paint on fiberglass cowl and accessories
- Pre-cut hinge locations for all control surfaces
- Genuine UltraCote film finish
- Tail wire detail and a leaf tail wheel
- Easy installation of engine or electric power recommendations
- Complete hardware package featuring fiberglass control horns
Wingspan: 90 in (228 cm)
Overall Length: 60 in (153 cm)
Wing Area: 1170 sq in (75.5 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 11.4 lb (5.2 kg)
Engine Size: 15cc 2-stroke gas/petrol
Motor Size: Power 60
Radio: 6+ Channel, full-range transmitter and receiver
Servos: 7 Standard digital servos (6 for electric)
Trim Scheme Colors: Cub Yellow U884, Black U874, Silver U881
CG (center of gravity): 3.0-3.5" (75-85 mm)
Wing Loading: 22.4 oz/ sq in
Prop Size: 16 x 8
Spinner Size: 2.5" (64 mm)
Speed Control : HV 80 AMP
Recommended Battery: 5000mAh 6S 22.2V Li-Po
Control Throw (Ailerons): Low: Up 20mm and down 15mm/ High Up 30mm and down 25mm
Control Throw (Elevator): Low: Up 20mm and down 20mm/ High: Up 25mm and down 25mm
Control Throw (Rudder): 40mm left and right
Scale: 1:5 (20%)
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: 20+Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete
- 15cc 2-stroke gas/petrol engine
- 6+ Channel, full-range transmitter and receiver system
- (7) Standard digital servos
- (2) Batteries for receiver and engine ignition
This product was added to our catalog on March 14, 2016.