The first of the giant 1700 series of aircraft to arrive is the fabulous P51 "Red Tail" Mustang. It features unbelievable scale finishing and best of all requires minimal effort as its simple assembly will have you ready to take to the skies in just several hours.
The airframe features a removable 2 piece wing that is simplistic in attachment and connection, the new FMS 'multi-pin plugs' mean that the complex wiring is now just a single connection per wing and not the usual plate full of spaghetti normally seen in lesser airframes.
The cockpit is adorned with the full complement of dials and levers and the hand painted pilot finishes the effect. Upfront, the scale shape spinner and reinforced nylon four blade propeller really does give a purposeful look. As you would expect, the huge brushless out- runner motor is mated with a top quality ESC enabling stunning flight performance.
Metal gear servos handle all the control surfaces and are fast with great centering performance. The resulting flight performance gives a finesse unseen in a ARTF in this class. Get yourself down your local model shop and order the 1700 Series P51 Mustang and steel the limelight at your airfield.
- Massive 1700mm wingspan for true scale appearance and performance
- 25g digital metal gear servos for elevator, rudder, ailerons, and flaps
- FMS designed retracts with metal trunnions for better durability and scale open/close speed (6 seconds)
- Huge 85A ESC and 5060-300KV motor
- 17" super scale 4 blade propeller
- Retractable main and tail gear
- Durable EPO Foam
- Wingspan: 66.9 in (1700mm)
- Overall Length: 52.2 in (1480mm)
- Flying Weight: Approximately 143.9 oz (4080g)
- Motor Size: Brushless 5060-KV300
- Radio: 6 Channel
- Servos: (3) 9g analog, (6) 25g metal, (1) 17g metal digital
- CG (center of gravity): 4.7 in (120mm) from leading edge
- Prop Size: 17x10
- Speed Control : 85A with 8A SBEC
- Recommended Battery: 6S LiPo 22.2V 3300-4000mAh 25C
- Aileron: Yes
- Elevator: Yes
- Rudder: Yes
- Throttle: Yes
- Flaps: Yes
- Retracts: Yes
- Approx. Flying Duration: 6 minutes
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Assembly Time: 1-3 Hours
- Is Assembly Required: Yes
This product was added to our catalog on March 24, 2016