This is a Flex Innovations Potenza Aura 8 is a lightweight Advanced Flight Control System for fixed wing aircraft that is compatible with all major radio brands. With this system it is no longer necessary to break the bank or be restricted to specific radio types to experience state-of-the-art control.
This version of the Aura 8 ships with a blank configuration that can be configured to virtually any fixed wing aircraft. With easy to use features like Quick Set and Quick Trim, many aircraft (up to 2 aileron, 2 elevator, 1 rudder) can even be initially setup at the field using only a transmitter and a receiver with a digital data feed (DSM2/DSMX Satellites, Futaba S.Bus, or SRXL (Spektrum, JR Mode B, Jeti UDI 12, and Graupner SumD).
The Aura Config Tool, our free Windows Application, can be used to fine-tune and perfect your model. We've designed the Aura Config Tool with the Pilot's ease of use in mind. With the 'New Config File Wizard' and example Aura Config Files available for download, you'll be able to quickly setup the Aura for your aircraft.
The powerful 32-bit processor makes it virtually future proof. The micro USB port makes updates easy, not complex. The firmware can even be updated as new features become available. Today, the Aura 8 offers various three axis gyro stabilization modes (and yes, you can turn it off from the transmitter if you choose), but it's new generation six axis sensor means it is ready for the future.
- Enhanced Stability and Control for all types of Fixed Wing Aircraft
- Connects easily to receivers or satellites from all major radio brands
- Custom tuning through Windows PC, Laptop, or Tablet
- 3+ Flight Modes allow precise or aggressive settings to be selected in the same flight
- All flight modes are selectable with gyros "on" or "off"
- 3 Axis Gyro modes for Precision and 3D Aerobatics
- 6 Axis Sensor and powerful 32-bit processor allows for continuous expansion and feature updates
- Quick Trim feature allows simplified storage of trim offsets inside of Aura for optimum flight performance
- 24 Channel internal architecture makes Aura powerful and allows the user to setup an incredible variety of control solutions
- Lightweight and durable plastic case
- Includes Aura 8, Micro USB Cable, 4 'Servo' Interconnect Leads, and Mounting Tape
- Eight Servo Ports can be individually configured as (PWM) Inputs or Outputs
- Two dedicated ports for Genuine Spektrum DSM® Satellites
- Dedicated input port for single wire digital connection via S.Bus® (Futaba®) or SRXL (Spektrum®, JR® Mode B, Graupner SumD) or analog PPM stream
- Supports traditional receivers via (PWM) servo inputs (4 male to male leads included)
- Micro USB Port for loading model programs, user programming, and firmware updates (Cable Included)
Dimensions: 38.2mm x 36.5mm x 14.5mm (1.50x1.43x0.57")
Weight: 13 grams (0.5 oz)
Servo Port: Futaba/JR/Universal
Input Voltage: 4V - 10V DC
Channels: Up to 18 or more inputs (Up to 8 unique gyro enabled outputs)
PC Cable: USB A -> Micro USB "B"
Tuesday, Mar 30 2021 (2 weeks ago)
Flex Innovations Potenza Aura 8 AFCS Gyro System
Very impressed by this unit. My fist gyro, and I installed it on an Extreme Flight 60" Laser. Setting up was some effort, not because it's inherently difficult, but because the documentation is very unorganized. Aura has a wiki that ultimately has everything you need, but it's certainly not well organized, so you need to spend time jumping from topic to topic. In the end it took me a couple of hours to set up, then a couple of hours to tweak after the first few flights. I will say that the added stability it adds to low and slow 3D is very impressive- no wing rock, and just a much more stable platform for hovering and harriers. As recommended by Aura, I'm using a low gain flight mode on a switch for XA flying, and so far I can't really tell the difference between the low gain mode and just having the gyro off. There's not much wind where I fly, so can't comment on stabilization in the wind, but for classic 3D flying it's very nice.