Express Motorsports "Ripper" D3.5 Brushless Motor (17.5T)
This is the Express Motorsports "Ripper" D3.5 17.5 Turn Brushless Motor, with a High Torque Rotor. This D3.5 based, Ripper series motor is 100% designed for spec racing! The Ripper motor is the same base as the Zapper motor with the change of the rotor. The rotor in the Ripper is a High Torque 12.5mm rotor for more low end RPM and power. This motor is great for indoor on road racing, oval racing and off road racing with tracks that feature tighter sections.
Express Motorsports motors are checked for any defects, proper bearing alignment and shimming. This provides you with a reliable blueprinted motor that has all the same tweaks as the motors driven by Express team drivers, ensuring the motor you receive makes optimum power. Sensor wire included.
- D3.5 Based
- 12.5mm High Torque rotor
- Improved air flow, cooler operating temperatures
- Timing gauge on end bell, easier to make timing adjustments motor to motor, run to run
- 100% designed for spec racing, No compromises
- Optimized for 1-2 cell operation, Touring, off-road, oval, etc.
- Sensor design, works with most high end racing speed controls
- Short stator, less wire, lower resistance, more power
- Lightweight endplate, less weight, lower center of gravity faster cornering
This product was added to our catalog on October 19, 2012.
Doesn't seem to top my Schuur Speed though! Overall it is a good motor and runs fairly cool, temps around 130* in my 22 2.0 running in the 17.5 blinky class.)
I always seem to be lacking in low end torque when I get the gearing right for our high speed track.
This motor not only gave me the torque I was looking for, but it added a significant amount of top end to the power band with an FDR of 5.8. This thing is seriously an advantage in stock class. I will be getting one for my 2WD as soon as it gets back in stock.)