E-flite Ultra-Micro UMX A-10 BNF Electric Twin Ducted Fan Jet (562mm) w/AS3X
Scale detail, gobs of power and turn-on-a-dime agility make this ultra micro A-10 one of the most exciting EDF experiences of any size. It comes flight ready with an AS3X receiver that makes it feel like it’s flying on rails, right out of the box.
Unlike stealth aircraft that take out enemies anonymously or from a distance, the A-10 Warthog is designed to get up close and personal with its targets. Its mere appearance over the battlefield is enough to send most enemy ground forces running for cover, especially if they’ve ever gotten a taste of its 30mm nose cannon – a weapon so powerful, it can shred through the armor of a tank with a single burst. This awesome firepower, combined with its ability to turn on a dime and stay on station while taking enormous amounts of damage, has made the A-10 America’s premier close air support fighter for over 40 years.
With the UMX™ A-10, you can finally enjoy an ultra micro RC replica of the mighty Warthog that does its legend justice. It perfectly blends scale detail with an abundance of power, crisp control response and AS3X® stability to give you one of the most exciting EDF experiences of any size.
- Twin 28mm Ducted Fans with Powerful 13,500Kv Brushless Motors: This remarkably efficient power system delivers exhilarating speed and climb performance as well as generous flight times of up to 5 -7 minutes when powered by the recommended 800mAh 2S flight battery(Sold Separately).
- Best-in-Class Maneuverability: The model’s abundance of power and light wing loading let you bank and yank to your heart’s content. The functional dual rudders provide more than enough yaw authority for knife-edge flight, too. And you get all this responsiveness without any tricky stall characteristics or temperamental slow-speed behaviors, so even less experienced RC pilots can relax and have fun.
- AS3X® Stabilization Technology: The AS3X technology built into the receiver works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a much bigger EDF.
- Unrivaled Scale Detail: The superb scale outline captures the menace of a full-scale A-10 better than any other RC Warthog this size. The trim scheme and markings are inspired by the rare “Flipper” camouflage that appeared on some A-10s in the early ‘90s. Other scale touches include a clear canopy with pilot figure, nose cannon detail, molded panel lines and more.
- Removable Landing Gear and Steerable Nose Wheel: The wide-stance landing gear and steerable nose wheel make it fun to shoot touch-and-gos. If you desire a more realistic appearance in flight, the landing gear can easily be removed in a few seconds, no tools required.
- Twin 28mm ducted fans with powerful 13,500Kv BL motors
- Best-in-class maneuverability and power
- The stability and precision of AS3X® technology
- Incredible scale outline
- Full 4-channel control with functional dual rudders
- Clear canopy with pilot figure
- Nose cannon, weapon pylon and panel-line details
- Rare “Flipper” camo trim scheme
- Removable landing gear with steerable nose wheel
Wingspan: 22.1 in (562mm)
Overall Length: 20.3 in (516mm)
Wing Area: 83.7 sq in (5.40 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 5.9oz (168g)
Motor Size: BL180m, 13500Kv inrunner brushless motor
CG (center of gravity): 36mm back from leading edge of wing @ root
Recommended Battery: 800mAh 2S 7.4V 20C LiPo 20AWG JST
Landing Gear: Yes
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: Yes
- (1) UMX™ A-10 BL BNF Basic
- (1) User Manual
- Full-range, 4+ channel DSMX/DSM2 transmitter
- 450-800mAh 2S LiPo flight battery
- 2S compatible LiPo charger
This product was added to our catalog on December 9, 2016.
I mostly fly without the landing gear and belllyland without any issues.
I have smashed the landing gears on a crooked landing. i went to my local hobby store picked up some 1mm piano wire and no made a new set myself.)
This plane showed me the future of EDF. From gliding takeoff to basic maneuver, invert slow fly and knife edge possible.
The output of the EDF is wonderful, there are two engines with a static thrust of 30 g or more. It makes vertical upwards in the loop easier.
Past EDF aircraft was difficult to take off and landing due to lack of thrust at low speed. This plane has overcome its weakness. So you can even touch and go for a short distance.
I felt that the future where EDF should go is this direction.
ultra micro maniacs :-)